Usher's Stepson

Investigation Into Accident Continues Following His Death

7/22/2012 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0722-usher-tameka-2The investigation into the accident that resulted in the death of Kyle Glover, stepson of R&B star Usher, is going forward ... and TMZ has learned his passing could lead to more serious charges being recommended.

As TMZ first reported, the 11-year-old passed away yesterday from the injuries suffered from a jet ski accident back on July 6.

The Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Wildlife Resources Division tells TMZ they were saddened to hear of Kyle's passing and their investigation into the accident is going forward.

According to our sources, Kyle's death could lead to more serious charges against the driver of the jet ski, Jeffrey Hubbard. We're told the Department will take into account Kyle's death when the make their recommendation to the District Attorney.

We're told the report is still coming together and there is no timetable on when the investigation will be completed.

rft

Now that Kyle has, regretfully, passed the driver of the jet ski will probably be charged with vehicular manslauger. My condolences to Kyle's family.

mztique

His name is KILE not KYLE. My condolences to the family...this is the worst possible scenario for any parent to have to go through...May he RIP and may God bless and strengthen his family and friends.

EG

This is a terrible tragedy, but the media needs to stop referring to this child as Usher's "stepson." He is not. Usher is no longer married to the boy's mother. Any sort of "step" relationship vanishes with the divorce. (Unless, of course, there is an adoption, in which case, the word "step" isn't appropriate. We don't call adopted kids the "stepchildren" of their parents.) Either TMZ and other news sources don't understand very basic common (and legal) distinctions of mixed families or they are purposefully calling this child Usher's "stepson" because that makes for a better, more attention-grabbing headline than "the child of the woman that Usher used to be married to." Either way, it's bad.

pam

I am so very sorry to those who loved and feel deep loss for this young man, a week ago my nephew had the same medical diagnoses. I know this will hurt for so very long, do not let people make you feel as if it should not, I have never understood people who think 'its over in a month' ......how? May you find God your rock and just hold on.

ugh..really?

as a mother I cant even fathom the pain of losing a child. So sorry for your loss Tameka and family. May God be with you at this awful time and always.

Poule

I want to hold my 3 years old child now !!!

Poule

I hate jets ski, it's noisy, it stinks, it pollutes, it's just stupid.

Dee3678

Sad

Joyce

It is always a big drama to lose a loved one. RIP, Kyle! heizgerät günstig

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2