James Holmes

The Bizarre Mug Shot

7/23/2012 1:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

James Holmes mug shot
Officials in Colorado have just released James Holmes' mug shot -- showing the "Dark Knight Rises" shooter in an orange jumpsuit ... with a crazed look in his eyes.

The photo was taken Friday afternoon ... just hours after the 24-year-old opened fire in a movie theater ... killing 12 people and injuring 58 more.

Holmes appeared in court Monday morning ... with the same odd look on his face.

Holmes is facing first degree murder charges. Prosecutors said they will consider pursuing the death penalty.

BW

Is that Danny Bonaduce, hes looking good for his age.

PixieMouse

I think its all an ACT to try for an insanity plea!

sidithers

Allah is Satan

WiddoMouse

All I see is a rather nice looking young man with a bad wig or a bad dye-job.

katie

He's got a **** EYE!

tee

Looks more like Ronald McDonald than The Joker. Anyone notice how similar his crime is to James Huberty's McDonald's massacre in San Isidro on July 18, 1984? Similar assortment of weapons, even.

MISSA

No emotion, no regret, no sorrow, and no regard for anything he has just committed. This is the expression of a true sociopath.

nisiek

sick f**ck, sorry, but if he was on drugs even then it does not justify the cold blooded way he killed. Watch him plead insanity, but trust me insane people don't plan as elaborately as he did, he is typical of many mass murderers, cold, calculated, overly intelligent, but completely devoid of spirit and soul, so in the dark it is scary. I am so glad I have faith in God, so glad I pray my pain away, and so glad I understand the difference between light and dark, good and bad, and even though I have stumbled MANY MANY times, I know there is a light to return too...this man had never known about God, faith, prayers and the afterlife. His punishment on earth won't be anything compared to what happens after life.

Jen

Enough of this tweaked out murdering bitch.

billybob

For an authentic Joker-look some scars are missing. Maybe they can do that in jail...

Detective. LaToya

Q. What's the definition of a white virgin?
A. Any girl who can outrun her father and brothers.

chloelee29

They need to shave his head ASAP and make him look like everyone else. Enough with this look I am a crazy clown hair.

JJ

Looks like he's still trying to get a date. Don't worry, Bubba is waiting for you back in the cell.

TMZ_Admin

Drop Dead Fred's evil twin.

Joey

tHEY SHOULDN'T HAVE TAKEN HIL ALIVE. TWO IN THE CHEST AND ONE IN THE HEAD WOULD HAVE SAVED THE PEOPLE OF COLORADO A LOT OF MONEY AND TIME