Mariah Carey

$18 MILLION

for One Year

7/23/2012 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0723_maraih_carey_tmz_money
Mariah Carey just became the HIGHEST PAID JUDGE in reality television ... because her one-year deal with "American Idol" is worth close to $18 MILLION ... this according to sources connected to "Idol."

Carey's deal dwarfs the contract Jennifer Lopez signed when she joined the judge's table -- J.Lo only scored a measly $12 mil for her first year on the show.

Carey also blows past Britney Spears ... who's making $15 million on "X Factor."

Somewhere ... Nick Cannon is smiling.

Mariah has since tweeted about joining the show ... saying, "It's gonna be so much fun working on American Idol. As a singer-songwriter, I'm excited to help find and nurture new talent. LYM! – MC”

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

MyOpinionOnly

Oh please! This was the WORST choice they could have made since Mariah is only all about Mariah. She won't give 2 craps about the contestants at all and will be worse than JHo in marketing whatever she has out at the moment. I think I am officially done with AI.

JS

Mariah take some of that money and fix that face homegirl....ewwwhhh

MariahOnDEMAND

Mariah Still Got The LESSORS Pressed! Haha! The QUEEN Ain't Going NOWHERE! Mariah For PRESIDENT! #Deuces B*****! Muah!

gem

Shut up! She is the best choice for a failing show.....JLopez can'[t sing and can't act!! Poor skills!!! Atleast MCarey got lot of skills vs those fuzzies.

Bibash Ashaphal

Hi! i a m happy to see your profile>

Elphaba

F'n outrageous.

Wtfsmh

Why are they paying this hoe so much for she is a nut job, she has money growing out her anal, they should just put real music talent , not divas or the mega rich to judge, c'mon it's a joke, thank god I don't watch this crap idol , last thing I wanna see is chicks outta rehab or breakdowns on my tv judging real talent lmfaohunnii, it's a damn joke

Wtfsmh

She is a dumb bitch very very self absorbed, I dislike her. Whose nex ? Madonnas old ass

Wtfsmh

She can actually sing beautifly but she is a bitch

Holly

Get someone REAL, like Kimberley Locke, she can truly sing (unlike Britney,) articulate (was going to law school before AI,) and is a natural bomb-shell (and I'm attracted to men:o)) Seriously, have you seen her new album cover? -- Are we the fools, or are they? They have pissed away so much money on some of these "stars" for Nada. -- I don't know Mariah, but I heard what someone below said about her, and it's not nice, so I don't want to say it twice. -- Let's keep it real (and she would), and bring on my 8th World Wonder-girl, KIMBERLEY LOCKE. Oh, I forgot, they didn't sign her, and she's one of the top American Idols to date....OOPs! Rut-Roh...-- America wants to relate. not disassociate.

lebaron3

18 million ???? Excuse me but she does not need the money. Selfish and big headed is what that shows. Jay Leno just took a pay cut for his staff to stay intact. I admire that. P.Diddy has enough money so dont invite him and don't give him a dime. A.I. should be about the singers not the judges. And please find a new way to select the winners. I am tired the top contestants for the last five years sound and look the same. Once again- I repeat, put the money you would pay the judges (ten million limit for new judges) and put the money into the show.

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12