Mariah Carey

$18 MILLION

for One Year

7/23/2012 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0723_maraih_carey_tmz_money
Mariah Carey just became the HIGHEST PAID JUDGE in reality television ... because her one-year deal with "American Idol" is worth close to $18 MILLION ... this according to sources connected to "Idol."

Carey's deal dwarfs the contract Jennifer Lopez signed when she joined the judge's table -- J.Lo only scored a measly $12 mil for her first year on the show.

Carey also blows past Britney Spears ... who's making $15 million on "X Factor."

Somewhere ... Nick Cannon is smiling.

Mariah has since tweeted about joining the show ... saying, "It's gonna be so much fun working on American Idol. As a singer-songwriter, I'm excited to help find and nurture new talent. LYM! – MC”

Bu

Can you say American Idol has jumped the shark! I cannot watch Mariah on AI she is a train wreck! What where they thinking? I think the problem is that these singing shows have lost their steam and run there course. Jennifer and Steven were great fun to watch and will be missed. Kiss AI good bye!

VanceEva

my neighbor's sister makes $67 hourly on the laptop. She has been laid off for 6 months but last month her pay check was $13783 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more on this site www.LazyCash9.com

Toilethead

She wouldn't deserve it even if she did it naked.

Mayu

I'm surprised they're still trying. Ratings for AI were down last season. I haven't watched since Adam Lambert turned me off the show.

Honeys Booboo

That's $9 million per Butt Cheek. Not Bad.

john johnson

....and somewhere, there is a pissed off latina with smoke comming out her ears.

Cujeaux

Liars. The ratings are way down. They can't afford to pay her that. More BS from the idol PR machine.

Howard got more than she did.

SweetPandaBear

She is up there in the top best voices. I havnt watchI since Simon left. I'm excited to watch this!

AND . . . American Idol could not give Paula Abdul $2 million.
Shame on them!

lolzatyou

Between the douche who shot up the theater and this I think I finally can ditch my addiction to this site.. Tired of hearing about how much money someone is making, tired of who called who a f@g, tired of the Lohans, The Jacksons, The Kardashians and everything that has to do with Hollywood. Thank you TMZ for helping me get over what "celebs" are doing and making. I ditched going to piggy Hiltons site a long time ago and now I am done here... Guess I am lol'ing at myself now...

Truth

THESE are the rich people Obama should whine about, instead of entrepreneurs that actually do something.

Lothandra

she is over rated.

Mick Kahler

Mariah is so much more worth the money than Jello Butt. Great move by American Idol!

oink

The National Debt could be paid with all the money these wack job stars make.

FlaFlaFlooieMamaMonkeyTaTaToothyToY'all

This little piggy goes ME ME ME all the way home!