Mariah Carey

$18 MILLION

for One Year

7/23/2012 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0723_maraih_carey_tmz_money
Mariah Carey just became the HIGHEST PAID JUDGE in reality television ... because her one-year deal with "American Idol" is worth close to $18 MILLION ... this according to sources connected to "Idol."

Carey's deal dwarfs the contract Jennifer Lopez signed when she joined the judge's table -- J.Lo only scored a measly $12 mil for her first year on the show.

Carey also blows past Britney Spears ... who's making $15 million on "X Factor."

Somewhere ... Nick Cannon is smiling.

Mariah has since tweeted about joining the show ... saying, "It's gonna be so much fun working on American Idol. As a singer-songwriter, I'm excited to help find and nurture new talent. LYM! – MC”

JimmydeansausageCo.

I'd rather watch some mentally delayed teenagers get drunk & high then cut the lawn.

rico

This is become one sick country to pay these people that kind of money.Starting with Seacreast to the Kardashians.No talent people. AI, is so yesterday.

Carl

That is untrue. Simon Cowell is paid more. He just doesn't have a set salary, instead he gets a big chunk of the X-Factor profits.

Yenna

IF ANYONE DESERVES THE JUDGE CHAIR ON A SINGERS COMPETITION, THAT'S MARIAH CAREY...SHE HAS THE LEGACY AND THE VOICE...SHE'S A LEGEND, AND THE BEST SELLING FEMALE ARTIST OF THE SOUNDSCAN ERA

LadyN

I don't think I can stomach her every week. I think they should just end the show now before embarrassing themselves even more...

ju

oh my gosh i can see randy now showing off and flirting with mariah she is a has been they pay her all that money to basically be another jlo

John

Show's in the gutter now,,, that little "prissy" will end it on a sour note

NYCGossipGirl

Dayumm *****h. I wont make that my whole life. Smh

whocares

I can't wait!! Love her!

Master P

That alone is reason to completely boycott not only AI, but television altogether.
Nothing that this d-bag has ever done or will ever do will ever be worth more than $100k, tops. This is what's wrong with America - if you could put a monetary value of this subjects contribution to society, it would be a big, fat 0!

It's easy: Get a life, get out, travel, enjoy the beaches, do whatever it is you enjoy - rather than to sit at home, shacked up in front of your measly Plasma, enabling losers like MC to rake in $ 18 Mil in one year, more than 100 MCs are worth in a lifetime.

I honestly think that this kind of compensation HAS TO BE outlawed; if you put in a service thats worth $100k, tops, and you get paid $ 18 Mill, than that's the economic equivalent of a massive $17.9M fraud!

MC and the enablers should rot in prison. And yes, I am dead serious.

Sameasitev

They just lost another viewer.

Meanie

Show is past it's shelf life now. JLo and Tyler gave it a new life for a while, but it's toast. Mariah should stick to breast feeding.

basketcase

She'll fail just as lopez did. cancel this show already instead of hiring hasbeens who once got lucky, to be judges.

Sameasitev

There are three women who make me change the channel away from them. Gloria Allred the ambulance chaser, Nancy Grace legal bitch and Mariah Carey no-talent bitch.
So I guess Idol is a no no for next year.

Joey

ThE FAT BITZH IS ONLY WORTH ABOUT $1.99
HOW DOES HER LITTLE PUPPET NICK FEEL ABOUT HER CRUISING WITH L A REID IN THE HAMPTONS?