Mel Gibson's Step-Mom

Mel Better PAY

For My Divorce

7/23/2012 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0723_mel_gibson
Mel Gibson
's step-mother insists it's all Mel's fault she's getting divorced from the actor's father -- and now, she wants Mel to pay her legal bills.

Teddy Joye Hicks Gibson just filed legal docs in L.A. County Superior Court, asking a judge to make Mel a party in her divorce proceedings with Mel's father Hutton Gibson, who filed for divorce back in June.

According to the docs, filed by attorney Brian J. Kramer, Mel not only pushed his father to divorce Teddy -- he booted her from her marital home too ... and has been covering Hutton's legal bills.

As a result of his alleged involvement, Teddy wants a judge to order Mel to pay HER legal costs too -- which she estimates will be around $65,000. She says she has already spent $30,000.

Teddy also wants a judge to order Mel to let her back into her house. (As we reported, Teddy is already seeking a restraining order to block Mel from kicking her out, but that hasn't been ruled on yet).

And there's more ... Teddy wants $15,000/month in spousal support from Hutton -- an expense Mel would probably be footing.

There's a hearing today to rule on Teddy's latest request.

update_bar
1:45 PM PT -- The judge declined to rule today, setting a hearing on the matter for August. Hutton has also filed docs saying Teddy isn't entitled to money -- because she's got access to plenty of her own funds.

2idiots

The flock has NO WAY of disproving any of Teddy's claims (they can not prove whether she's lying or not)...all they have is what Mr Mel (or camp Gibnuts) says and frankly his word has proven to be very useful

Big Boy Pants

OMFG.... Absolutely ridiculous. Why in the hell should Gibson have to pay? Rotten little wench - all comes down to trying to line her pockets.

c

Of course he’s paying Hutton’s bills - he’s his FATHER. And I love how before (when she was trying to kill the man by forcing him off his meds) it wasn’t about money because she had her own but now she wants all this plus thousands a month. Greedy bitch - I hope she gets nothing.

Tara21

Hey, I was divorced 16 years ago. I am pretty sure my ex watched some movies made by Mel and was probably influenced by what he saw, which probably influenced our maritial difficulties in some random way. So, I think Mel should re-pay me for the legal costs of my divorce and then pay me support too. No?
For heaven's sake! Mel should probably give away all of his money so he can get a good night's sleep.

twinsies

She needs to remember that she is divorcing Mel's father; not Mel. So she doesn't get to cash in. If he is paying his father's legal bills, good for him. Let her pay her own bills.

John

Sweet if she can sue Mel for the divorce bills, I'm going to sue my ex-mother in law for the same thing for raising her man hating psycho daughter to be just like her.

But in reality, only in California. lol No wonder it's going bankrupt.

StarryStarryNight

Teddy...you ignorant slut.

STFU and pay your own bills.

Sin D

Gibson is over and his Hollywood career is done. Goodbye Mel...

Mystery Guest

Pretty ballsy to try to get someone's kid to pay you spousal support.

kelly

This woman has no dignity or selfrespect. All she cares about is money. I bet that was one of the reasons she married Hutton in the first place. She should be ashamed of herself. First she tried to kill him and now she wants Mel to pay her for trying. I bet all of the Gibson children are behind Mel in all he has and will do for their Father.

kelly82

I always looked up to Mel, but right now, I hope he learns his lesson. He should question people and their motives. But then, he is a PR guy. Always assuming to be on the right side, the money side. Whereas unassuming people, they don't make for good PR. There's no business like show business.

Ashley

Another white male woman beater, anti-Semite entitled, piece of **** that gets a pass in life. If a black actor had done all of the things he has, his career would be over. No forgiveness or moving on. Sad how no one is slamming him not being a good role model and he gets to move on and make more movies

Tellthetruth59

@Cug You said: "This is all giblets doing. She paid for Pappy for years before Gibby cooked up another scheme."

Um, think again about Teddy Joye paying the bills. She didn't own the house as I suspected. Gibson did. She's incurred $30K in divorce expenses in a matter of weeks? Gibson is likely already paying her attorney. She's likely using the money she already skimmed off Hutton's support by skimping on meds and food ... that Gibson supplied. ;-)

2idiots

So the Judge is now delaying a ruling until AUGUST - translation - time for MG to cough up some $$ to make this go away.

Mel played the race card a long time ago. He wanted it this way, gave him a nice, clean, cut image. People, former friends, encouraged him. And all I can say, thank Christ for property or otherwise I'd think someone would be searchin' for a home in heaven :-)
And dirt doesn't get any worse.