Sharon Osbourne

I'm Quitting

'America's Got Talent'

7/24/2012 1:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0724_osbourne_amercas_got_talent-tmz
America's got talent, but it no longer has Sharon Osbourne ... 'cause the AGT judge says she's QUITTING the TV show for good.

Osbourne -- who has been with "America's Got Talent" since Season 2 -- cryptically announced her exit from the show via Twitter on Tuesday, saying "My darling @howardstern, money is not the reason I'm not returning to @nbcagt, it's because ..."

It's unclear if she was informing Howard about her departure ... or blaming him.

Sources from NBC say Sharon's exit is a surprise to them as well ... claiming they have not been personally informed of her departure yet.

You'll recall ... the series shook things up this season when it added Howard Stern to its judges table -- they even moved the show from L.A. to NYC to accommodate him.

nomorebritishwankers

A cardboard box brings more to that show than that shrill shrew. Bye.

Kristoferian

Good, now we can get a judge that doesn't sound like a wooden puppet reading lines from a script

Northerngirl41

She's leaving because her family and life are back in LA and she doesn't need the money. She is putting her family first and I am quite sure she is letting Howard Stern push her out of there--she is a tough ol broad and use to the Rock and Roll types.

IceGypsy

This is the 1st year they have had the show in NY instead of LA/Vegas. She's got a new grandbaby, and Jack's MS diagnosis, it's prob hard on her to be away from the family right now.

Robin

There was talk of Sharon leaving when her son Jack's MS diagnosis became public.

CJ

Aah - that wonderful Twitter.

CorkiDeCat

Maybe I will start watching. This woman is a pig.

notalawyer

Where is the latest FAKE news about Kim Kardashian?
Does this mean she is no longer front page news?

LindaJay

All I remember of her is what gleeful fun she made of Susan Boyle. Called her hairy and laughed so hard at her on some radio show. That was when Susan was just getting started with her stellar singing career. Susan never spoke mean of anyone that I know of. Then someone dug up a photo of Sharon looking almost exactly like Susan before she lost weight and had so much 'work' done.

Gary

I like Sharon. She's as good as Simon was on Idol. I like Howie too but can't stand Stern. If Sharon leaves I won't be watching AGT anymore-my one guilty pleasure.

Mark

Sharon is an honest person which shows on TV. I am sure she takes no BS either these days so whatever the reason she is leaving is a good reason. JMO

bunny

Howard is leaving too though, unless Sirius lets him out of his contract. Then again, he could take Eric the Actor's advice and make them change the days. Howard didn't even bother showing up for work today. Lazy bastard.

backfire

Stop stirring the pot. She's held down two very big jobs for years and wants a time out to be with Ossie and Jack's illness weighs on her.

Howard Stern is the reason I watched the show for the first time and love it.

whocaresnotme

I'm so sorry she is leaving. I watch the show because of her. She is just too funny and gets to the point. Makes me laugh so much. I'd love to spend a day with her. I don't think Id ever stop laugh. So sorry you're leaving Sharon. I won't be watching the show anymore. No one can take her place

all about the money

Can't say I am sad to see her go. Used to like her but she has gotten quite big headed over the last several years as if her fame makes her better than most everyone else. She seems fake, unable to make decisions, and just over all over opinionated and wishywashy. I guess my real down turn for Ms. Osbourne was from her daytime talk show where she make a joke about the incident where a woman cut off her husband penis because he wanted a divorce laughing about it and how he deserved it. Then later gave a half hearten apology when she got a ton of bad press about it and laughed about the whole thing again as she apologized. Guarantee you if a man had mutilated a woman she would have been all up in arms about how vicious, cruel, evil, unforgivable it was, yet apparently since it was only a man getting his penis cut off it was deserved and funny. So long Sharon...you won't be missed.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments