Sharon Osbourne

I'm Quitting

'America's Got Talent'

7/24/2012 1:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0724_osbourne_amercas_got_talent-tmz
America's got talent, but it no longer has Sharon Osbourne ... 'cause the AGT judge says she's QUITTING the TV show for good.

Osbourne -- who has been with "America's Got Talent" since Season 2 -- cryptically announced her exit from the show via Twitter on Tuesday, saying "My darling @howardstern, money is not the reason I'm not returning to @nbcagt, it's because ..."

It's unclear if she was informing Howard about her departure ... or blaming him.

Sources from NBC say Sharon's exit is a surprise to them as well ... claiming they have not been personally informed of her departure yet.

You'll recall ... the series shook things up this season when it added Howard Stern to its judges table -- they even moved the show from L.A. to NYC to accommodate him.

mike_in_canada

Howard was talking about Sharon leaving AGT on his show, she was likely talking directly to him in response to his comments on air. No Howard fans there TMZ?

LDB

Good. Now lets get an actual REAL American to judge to replace her

gamepro

oh well judges come and go

Patrick

From what I have read she is leaving because she wants to be in LA so she can be closer to Jack and help him out with his recent illness.

CriticXtreme

These fake shows do nothing but further dumb down the music industry. The true "stars" are the hosts, production company, phone company, advertisers and investors.

KnuckleDragger

Good. Sharon Osbourne grates on me when she talks. I don't particularly like listening to her opinion on anything, at any time, drunk or sober, awake or asleep! Ozzy staying with Sharon is proof enough to me that he's either fully senile now...or he's heavily medicating himself again.

DaveT

Hope it's true, good riddance to that filth, make it a good exit, somebody drag her by the collar then give her a square kick in the ass out the door.

mebrat24

That show still on the air, I quit watching when they had stupid Howie come on board. I don't see how any body thinks he is funny gag

Leah

good. i'm glad. i don't like sharon.

She should go out there and do something worthwhile, like tending to chickens. Her better half bit one to death, so it would seem the crowd would only support her to do the opposite. It's the way of the world and it's motion.

dierdre

Good riddance to her. personally i'm glad she's leaving. Her voice was so damn annoying. and i agree with some people, that She's a Brit...We need americans on this show. She won't be missed. PERIOD>>>>>>

AmazingRico

You have to remember. Jack has MS and Mrs. O has a new grandbaby. She also is busy with The Talk. And, you have to admit, being a judge on AGT can be very emotional. Not easy sending acts home. Anyhow, I'm gonna miss her. She's the reason I watch AGT.

cari

Maybe she is a human being...who wants to spend more time with family, especially her new grandchild, instead of flying back and forth from LA to NYC. shocking, huh? and working with Stern, a brash, insecure, perverted, unintelligent OCD poster child must be horrible

Flying Blind

She's used to being around "real talent". I don't blame her, it sucks this year, not that it hasn't every year.

Atomic Wedgie

Howard is still on Sirius?? I thought it was all replays now.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments