Tito's Son TJ

To Seek Temp Guardianship

of MJ's Kids

7/24/2012 9:27 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0724_tj_jackson_01
Tito Joe Jackson
, aka TJ, the 34-year-old son of Michael Jackson's brother Tito, is having his lawyer draft legal docs in a bid to become temporary guardian of MJ's 3 kids ... TMZ has learned.

People familiar with the situation tell TMZ ... Paris, Prince and Blanket all want TJ to be their guardian because they believe Katherine -- their current guardian -- has effectively been kidnapped by MJ's siblings.  The kids haven't seen Katherine in 9 days.

Under California law, a judge would not grant a temporary guardian for teenagers unless the kids were on board with the selection, and we're told all 3 kids are down with it.  We're told TJ has often acted like a parent to the kids and they love him.

As we first reported ... the Michael Jackson Estate is standing by and will support TJ's bid to become the temporary guardian if asked by the Probate judge.

Just 15 hours ago, TJ tweeted to Paris, "I know it's completely unfair for them to do this to you and your brothers. We will keep trying. I love you."

By the way, TJ is married with kids and is in a band with his 2 brothers.  And get this ... he was Kim Kardashian's first love.  Check out what looks like their prom pic.

0724_kim_kardashian_t_jackson
One final point ... sources connected to MJ's siblings tell TMZ Michael's brothers and sisters are turning on each other.  One brother has secretly been telling people he does not support what the others are doing to Katherine.

nicaw

Why has LaToya been so quiet through all this? Can someone please call Diana Ross to take these children? Michael's siblings are causing major issue. I also stand by my previous question. If Katherine needed a vacation, why didn't she have one of her kids take care of the children in her absence? When you have that many kids there is no need to hire a nanny. She knows they are up to something.

verlinda

I thought that if Katherine couldn't care for the Children, MJ wanted them to go to Diana Ross?????

Firefly

If this young man is on the up and up then I wonder if he understands the cir***stances that he will be up against. He will have to turn his back on his father, uncles, and aunts relentless request for money. Will he be able to withstand the onslaught of the family condemning him and belittling him if he doesn't comply? Will he be able to keep the kids safe, and in the long run not be corrupted by the money himself. We shall see, stay tuned.

LDB

Hes 34? He looks like hes in his mid 20's

chuckie

This is great news for Michael's children, I hope everything works out for them all.

MrHarrybawls2010

Come on TMZ-more Fred Willard stories please. I want a movie as well. "Willard": Coming In a Theatre Near you.....

Detective. LaToya

Bullsh!t.

Thorn

Oh no, it should be someone outside of that family. Sounds like a crafty plot to me. I keep on thinking that maybe MJ's death was not accidental after all.

MrHarrybawls2010

At a time when the USA is grieving over the victims of the movie theatre shooting, the Jackson family is acting like one of the families on the Jerry Springer Show, fighting like dogs over Michael's money. Wow, you can't buy class. Born in the basement and grew up in the gutter....

Dr.Conrad Murray

Let me out,I can help the family.

Regards:
Doctor Robert Conrad Murray.

barnyardhumor

I can't believe that is Kim K in that pix - she has changed to drastically doesn't even look like herself anymore.

Cleo1268

These people are over the top greedy and malicious and SICK!! haven't those kids had enough for god's sake!! Take them away from the MJ family Circus!!

ohyesidid

I'm surprised that Joe hasn't shown up....

Detective. LaToya

Katherine BY HERSELF is entitled to 40% of MJ's estate, she also gets money for the kids until they turn 18 which is another 40%. Why would the aunts and uncles, especially Janet go through all this trouble and all this bad press to wrestle away money from PPB when if their mother dies you know full well she'll leave her 40% to them. It doesn't even make sense and I doubt it's about money. I bet Katherine is in poor health and raising bratty, hormonal teens is not helping and she needed a break. Janet getting involved means a lot. She doesn't need MJ's money and she sure as hell doesn't need or want bad press so she must have a big reason(her beloved mothers health) to be involved with this.

Pimpcessa

How long is this guardianship going to last? Is it just until Katherine has returned?