« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Cal Ripken's Mother

Abducted at Gunpoint

7/25/2012 10:14 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0725_cal_ripken_mother_01
Cal Ripken Jr.'s mother was abducted from her Maryland home Tuesday morning ... after cops say the suspect pulled out a handgun and forced her into her car.

Cal's mom -- Vi Ripken -- was finally located early this morning ... and officials say she appeared unharmed.

It's unclear why the gunman chose to abduct Ripken ... or if he took anything from her.

The FBI is now on the case helping cops hunt for the suspect -- who's been described as a: white male, late 30s to early 40s, last seen wearing a colored shirt, camo pants and eye glasses.

Officials say Vi Ripken is now "resting with family members."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mumra the Ever Living

We truly are living in a fuqued up world.

INTERNET T0UGH GUY

Were the Jacksons involved in this as well?

Pudding Tang

They should catch this menace soon!

GeniusMachine

Probably just wanted Cal's autograph.

LDB

For a second there I thought she was going to say a mexican

Kari

Not a good week to be a mother!

john wayne gacy

" white male, late 30s to early 40s, last seen wearing a colored shirt, camo pants and eye glasses. "

sounds like any baseball player
for the san diego padres;

joewhite157

You know what. Great. I think WealthyLoves it's a good pla'ce to me'et sweet friend even rich sin'gles. I am certain I can me;et a ri;ch man there, it's the first and best cl;ub for billion;aires to interact with others and make friends.

Street Smart

WTF is wrong with people? Try abducting me and I will shoot your a.s.s.

lemonslemonslemons

www.fancloud.com/mlb is reporting that this was an attempt at ransom.

aurora

"after cops say the suspect pulled out a handgun" -- is it the COPS saying that, or the woman? Has there been ANY confirmation of the events? Any witnesses, any signs of struggle or??? Reason I ask....a friend of mine dealt with something similar with his mother, she claimed a man came into her house and tried to take her away. But it didn't happen. She was in the early stages of Alzheimer's and had just begun a spiral into imaginings and delusions. I'm not saying that happened here, but are the cops SURE there was an abduction? After all, Susan Smith described a "shaggy haired man" who didn't exist...I hope the Ripken family has made sure Vi is taken care of.

gibbs

Such a strange story. Glad Mamma Ripken is unharmed and back home.