Don Dokken

I was On Bulgaria Bus ...

ONE DAY Before Explosion

7/25/2012 12:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

072412_dokken_launch
Don Dokken
(singer of the band Dokken) came dangerously close to becoming a victim in the recent Bulgaria suicide bombing ... telling TMZ, he was on the same bus that was bombed ... just ONE DAY before the deadly explosion.

In case you didn't know ... a bus carrying Israeli tourists in Varna, Bulgaria was targeted by a suicide bomber last week, killing 5 and injuring 30 more.

Now, Dokken -- who was in Bulgaria for a rock music festival -- tells us, he nearly became another statistic -- because he took the same Varna bus just a day before the bombing.

Had he been held up an additional few hours, he might have been killed too.

Scary.

Criss

Wow, there's a band name I haven't heard in years!

EggsOverEasy

Burning like a flame, one of my favorite old metal love songs.. glad to see they are still rockin..

MrHarrybawls2010

Well listen DON, I once ate an entire bag of fudgicles in less than 15 minutes and then made a fort out of the sticks ......which I lived in (off and on) for about a year.

But you don't hear me bragging about it...

sunshine

Don is an old friend of mine. He was my neighbor for a while. He is such a nice, down to earth guy. I am glad to hear he is ok. Rock on Don... CK

Muse.ical

WTF, Don. I have you beat: I drive on the EXACT same highway DAILY, where many people have died in car crashes. What a tool you are.

Jackie

Ha ha....Like that is the only tourist buss existing in Bulgaria... Just say you wanted your 15 min of fame.

Prince Von A-Hole

I was standing in the middle of the road just seconds before a big truck roared by. Man it dont get any closer then that

ZeroOneTwo

Well Don, I guess we can say that... wait for it.... wait for it.........
You Just Got Lucky!!

Crimson Fart

I live in Bulgaria, so i guess i deserve a cookie, mansion and still thinking about the last one.

Mike

What an idiotic statement. Is he Jewish or Israeli? Because that's why these people were killed - no other reason. They chartered a bus and that's why they were targeted. Dokken and/or TMZ trivializes this act of terrorism by suggesting he "missed it by one day"

Bulgarian girl

OMG, you facts are so not correct. First of all, the explosion was in Burgas, not in Varna. 2nd: he could have never been on this bus, because the bus was ment to be only for picking up the israeli group of turists. Usually this busses pick up only groups of tourist and no aditional people can get on the bus.
Comment from Bulgaria, no need of overdramatising this sad turn of events.

yavor_sv

The bus was in Bourgas, not Varna. And the victims were 10, not 5. Idk about injured. Get your facts straight. :)

Dilyana

Guys, check your sources/maps before posting an article. The town in Bulgaria where the bomb exploded is "Bourgas" not "Varna". Varna is at the north coast of Black Sea, Bourgas is at the south - around 300 km distance. Thanks!

Swins

Unless you were part of the CHARTERED tour that the folks were going on, and were in that Jewish tour group, you were in no way "close" to getting blown up.

It was a charter, it's like saying I road on a ship that left out of the same dock as the Titanic, I almost died!

What a complete idiot.

oink

Hey Don, I had just left the World Trade Center 3 minutes before the first plane hit.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments