Katherine Jackson

I Wasn't Kidnapped

... I Just Needed a Break

7/25/2012 4:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0725_katherine_jackson_tmzKatherine Jackson has finally broken her silence ... claiming the reason she hasn't checked in with her grandkids for the past 10 days is because she simply didn't feel like using the phone.

She also sounds like she's full of crap.

Jackson just finished up an on-camera interview with "ABC News" ... and talked about the family drama that's transpired since she mysteriously ditched MJ's kids 10 days ago ... and wound up in Arizona.

"There are rumors going around about me that I have been kidnapped," Jackson said ... adding, "I am here today to let everybody to know that I am good and fine."

"My children would never do anything to me like that."

Sure they wouldn't ...

When asked why she felt it was OK to leave 3 minor children in a house without a guardian .. Katherine explained she just felt like taking a "short vacation."

"One reason I didn't call is I just gave up my phone and I didn't want to have any phone calls while I was here."

It's unclear why she didn't TELL HER GRANDKIDS FIRST!

Still, Katherine says ... "I am devastated that while I've been away, my grandchildren have been taken away from me, and I'm coming home."

So, we gotta ask ..

Silenteyesee

Just think. There was a reason Michael cut his siblings out of the will

FLO

If shewent awol because she just felt like a vacation then she does not deserve to have guardianship of the kids.

Jaunice

So Mrs. Jackson wants us to believe she just needed some "me time" and busted out of town. Yeah, I can see it. Did she run down the stairs towards the front door yelling, "Later b!tches" as she tore out of the driveway in her Buick? Cruising down the 101 looking for a del taco before hitting the open desert? Yeah, sure, I believe her..

Throwback kid

The Jacksons need a Witch Doctor they are all bat
s-h-i-t crazy! Where is Joe Jackson and Latoya? isn't it time they join this madhose?

Tiffany

Either way - if she was kidnapped, the kids are not safe around that and if she did leave on her own leaving no one to care for the kids or letting the kids know what was happening shows she should not be their guardian, just go back to being the grandmother.

Joanne

...that's why she shouldn't have custody...

You don't want to call... how about telling them BEFORE you leave?

Judy

If you look at one of my previous posts, you'll see that I predicted she would deny being held against her will, and that she would say she was just enjoying some time with her happy family in Arizona. I knew there would be no way she will ever admit that her children have done anything wrong.

Bruno

Jebus. Even when it comes out of the horses mouth, TMZ still has to try and make a conspiracy theory out of things. Pathetic.

w

soo, five days into her gone, Paris freaks out and wants to know where her grandmother was, she could of called her at that point, did she?, nope she was allowing people to take a picture of her playing UNO, with other grandchildren in the picture, if she needed a break why did she go to where even smaller children were running around?, either she was fooled by her kids or not, maybe she wasn't told anything from them up to the very moment she called ABC, she knew after that and still no excuse other then she needed a break. Something is wrong here and her blatant admittance of neglect proves that she is unfit to be their gardian.

and as for Janet, jermaine, tito, jackie, rebbie, fat albert, sneezy, grumpy and rudy.
there is no excuse now, all of them are low life pieces of crap who deserve to live in a garbage can, BOYCOTT NUTRISYSTEM AND DEMAND JANET FIRED, HER COMMERCIAL GIVES ME THE WILLIES ANYWAY.

Kaley

Katherine Jackson has a long history of being an enabler. She didn't intervene when Joe Jackson beat his kids to make them perform and is still legally married to him today. She probably never challenged MJ about his addiction. And now her kids have put her in the tough decision of trying to protect them while she keeps MJ's kids. Hopefully the judge will see through all of this and REMOVE her as guardian. She clearly isn't fit to let all of this happen.

CandidCouture

when is the ABC interview airing?

Cheryl

you don't leave 3 minor children without a suitable guardian ( one that can make emergency medical descisions) for 10 days to go on vacation! Especially without telling the kids! I mean hello... either she is a real flake and she deserves to loose the kids or she was clueless that her children were pulling that stunt.... really not much better as an option either!

Noel

KJ most likely didn't drive herself from Tucson, she was most likely driven back by her handlers, Janet, Randy and Jermaine so they could continue filling her head with their versions of events . It appears that they flew to Tucson Tuesday afternoon to begin filling mama's ears with events of the day. Why else would she call the house at 2 and 4 am and demand that Trent leave and that Janet's security guards replace the ones onsite. They have given her the kool aid and she has consumed it all. If she can't stand up to the crap her kids have pulled on her, she doesn't deserve the kids back. She will have an uphill battle to regain custody...at least I hope so.

liquid kitty

Yet more proof that she's not up to the task of raising those kids alone. Judge knew what he/she was doing this am.

Nana

Funny she needed a vacation yet the only ones who were in contact with her are the same ones always asking for something from her. I hope the court takes her guardianship permanently, there is no way your just disappear and do not let the children you are caring for know anything. Communication would have kept this from getting so big.