Katherine Jackson

I Wasn't Kidnapped

... I Just Needed a Break

7/25/2012 4:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0725_katherine_jackson_tmzKatherine Jackson has finally broken her silence ... claiming the reason she hasn't checked in with her grandkids for the past 10 days is because she simply didn't feel like using the phone.

She also sounds like she's full of crap.

Jackson just finished up an on-camera interview with "ABC News" ... and talked about the family drama that's transpired since she mysteriously ditched MJ's kids 10 days ago ... and wound up in Arizona.

"There are rumors going around about me that I have been kidnapped," Jackson said ... adding, "I am here today to let everybody to know that I am good and fine."

"My children would never do anything to me like that."

Sure they wouldn't ...

When asked why she felt it was OK to leave 3 minor children in a house without a guardian .. Katherine explained she just felt like taking a "short vacation."

"One reason I didn't call is I just gave up my phone and I didn't want to have any phone calls while I was here."

It's unclear why she didn't TELL HER GRANDKIDS FIRST!

Still, Katherine says ... "I am devastated that while I've been away, my grandchildren have been taken away from me, and I'm coming home."

So, we gotta ask ..

john kent

Katherine Jackson is a poor excuse for a guardian to 3 minor kids. She doesn't get to take a vacation and leave the kids without adult supervision. If she can't handle the responsibility, get out of the way.

Sonya

Really TMZ? You're totally full of ****! They would have air coverage of her phone call replaying on every news channel if so. Jermaine, Rebbie, Randy, and Janet (whom I'm very shocked at) should be ashame of setting up such a scheme just to try to control the estate in which Janet needs no part of. She has plenty of millions. Jermaine has always been a jealous bastard who always want everything to be about him. He even took the mother of his Randy's children and then wifed her. Pure-dee TRIFLING! He couldn't stand the fact that Michael became the lead in Jackson 5 and then branched off to be one of the world''s biggest superstar, while he was in the shadow. Now he's masterminding a plan to betray his mother and forsake those poor kids for to fulfill his love of greed. KARMA will come. God bless Tito's son for stepping up for those kids in this turmoil.

Dave

She needs to go home and beat her kids. It's the same advice Joe would give her.

GaPeach

If what Ms Jackson is saying is true, then she should be ashamed of herself. Maybe she is just too old to be a guardian, seems she is only concerned for herself and not MJ's 3 children. A guardian should never leave the children like that...for any reason.

sahula

Can you ad to the poll another option that says "STUpID" or "OLD"
whichever is fine by me...

iz

If she truely cared about the well being of her grandchildren then she should of let her grandkids know what her plans were.. instead of causing them so much anxiety and pain. She is their legal guardian which means she has an obligation to them first!!!!

GaPeach

If what Ms. Jackson is saying is true, then she should be ashamed of herself. You don't leave children like that...especially when they have no contact with their mother and have lost their father. What was Ms Jackson thinking? Maybe she is just too old for the guardianship. She seems to be only concerned for herself not the kids.

righteousness of God and divine <3

righteousness of God and divine <3

SadInPineValley

Those poor kids!!! Wish they could just get plunked up and dropped into any normal home in America. What hope to they have that bunch? SIGH.

anonymous

Ummm...she's so upset that her grandchildren were taken away but left them unattended 'cuz she needed a vacation. Maybe she should NEVER have been given custody in the first place with that kind of attitude!

CutTheCrap

Sounds like abandonment to me. What Mom,Grandma, or any parent for that matter, not call to check in on their children when on vacations or business trips...Oh and is she home yet?

gamepro

katherine your irresponsible and if you wanted a break then let tj have them maybe you just dont have the energy no more but to late because most likely now tj will have the kids for good and he should

Lola

Why in the world did she give that interview? It wasn't needed, except the siblings needed her to clear their bad name, and it's not working. The more she speaks, the worse trouble she gets herself in. Now she sounds like an irresponsible fool, possibly senile, at the least too ignorant about taking care of teenagers to be entrusted with this very serious job. She needs to stop talking unless her lawyer tells her to speak. I'm betting that interview was not lawyer-approved.

ultravioletrae

TMZ you are despicable. This is a sociopathic company, you will indeed "do anything for money."

Jen

Just like your husband would never beat you right?