Katherine Jackson

I Wasn't Kidnapped

... I Just Needed a Break

7/25/2012 4:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0725_katherine_jackson_tmzKatherine Jackson has finally broken her silence ... claiming the reason she hasn't checked in with her grandkids for the past 10 days is because she simply didn't feel like using the phone.

She also sounds like she's full of crap.

Jackson just finished up an on-camera interview with "ABC News" ... and talked about the family drama that's transpired since she mysteriously ditched MJ's kids 10 days ago ... and wound up in Arizona.

"There are rumors going around about me that I have been kidnapped," Jackson said ... adding, "I am here today to let everybody to know that I am good and fine."

"My children would never do anything to me like that."

Sure they wouldn't ...

When asked why she felt it was OK to leave 3 minor children in a house without a guardian .. Katherine explained she just felt like taking a "short vacation."

"One reason I didn't call is I just gave up my phone and I didn't want to have any phone calls while I was here."

It's unclear why she didn't TELL HER GRANDKIDS FIRST!

So, we gotta ask ..

MiMi

Transcript of Katherine Jackson's Statement to ABC News:

Hello, I'm Katherine Jackson, and there are rumors going around about me that I have been kidnapped and held against my will.

I am here today to let everybody know that I am fine and I am here with my children, and my children would never do a thing to me like that, holding me against my will. It's very stupid for people to think that.

But anyway, I am devastated that while I've been away, that my children, my grandchildren, have been taken away from me, and I'm coming home to see about that, also.

So I spoke to my grandson, TJ, last night, that I left there to be in charge of my children -- and I never leave home without leaving them with instructions of who to stay there with them, the nanny and all of them -- and someone had let go the cook, the nanny, and also the housekeepers. I don't know who did that but they don't have that power and they shouldn't have done it.

And now, the people are saying they are there with nothing to eat. I am sure they have something to eat but it's probably not healthy because the cook is not there.

But since I have also been away, my guardianship, which I just said, my children, have been taken away from me, my guardianship has been taken away from me. And, but, I spoke to my grandson TJ and also I spoke to Prince and Paris last night and told him I would be home today and they're waiting for me to come.

And I told him it wasn't necessary for him to go down and sign for guardianship. ... I don't know who instructed him to do that -- but that's what, but he wanted me to come home before that happened, but the ruling in court today was about the guardianship and I think it was based on a bunch of lies, but I have a good idea who's doing that and who's behind that.

But I am grateful for my children that they saw that I needed rest and they wanted to take me away for a while, just a short vacation and rest up. But one thing I have to say ... that I'm here at Miraval. They have taken good care of me and have made sure that I got the rest that I needed.

One reason I haven't called is I just gave up my phone and I didn't want to have any phone calls while I was here.

My assistant, Janice Smith, have been calling back home to see how things were going and she had been keeping in contact with my nephew, I mean my grandson, and he says everything is going fine. But I was still thinking about the children and I still worry about them, but they are fine.

Before I left, as I said, I put everything in order with the appropriate people to take care of my children for me and it's really bad to hear that what's going on at home, and the children have been taken away -- but I know that ... I'll get there in time to get them back. And after I finish this, I will be on my way home.

I have to thank Miraval again for taking very good care of me and making sure I got good rest.

We don't get much -- we saw an electric show because it was lightening and we saw a rainbow.

I had a very good time here -- and if anyone wants to rest I think they should come here.

Because there's a lot of lies that have been put out there and I am going home to straighten them out and this kind of stuff doesn't make sense. So I want to say goodbye and I am on my way home.

MiMi

She saw a rainbow?????

WTH

beachkid

Katherine: You just don't go off and leave your grandchildren behind for 10 days without saying why. You blew it...big times.

Juie Dohn

Ms Jackson is either covering up for her adult children's bad behavior or she has very poor judgement. Either way she should not get these children back. Who knows what she may do or cover up next. Since she says she needs a break I think she should have one, permanently. She and her adult children essentually put Paris, Prince and Blanket, who are recovering from the huge loss of their father in a position where they felt they had now lost their grandmother. These adults are shamefully selfish. Most people find Ms Jackson to be a wonderful person but something went very wrong with her parenting to have adult children that behave as poorly as the five that signed the letter wanting Michael's will overturned.

dreamon

Sigh, Katherine. The Miraval has telephones, TV and Wifi.

I feel very very sorry for you.

Joi

Either Mrs. Jackson is a victim who is covering for her children -- or she's a crazy person. How can you say "I just needed a break" and leave your children for over a week without letting them know.

The judge made the right call to strip her of guardianship because this is outright neglect. She should be ashamed.

Also, I'd like to know the name of the airline she's using because it's taking a very long time to get from Arizona to California. Are they refueling in China?

Terminal Tower

Quote from article: Still, Katherine says ... "I am devastated that while I've been away, my grandchildren have been taken away from me, and I'm coming home."
They wouldn't have been taken away had you stayed WITH them.
That's like someone saying, "You shouldn't have taken my beloved puppy away from me, just cause I abandonded it on the side of the freeway 2 weeks ago."

rft

If she wants a vacation, fine, but it's irresponsible to worry her grandchildren. They're better off with TJ.

wow

What these children are doing to Katherine and MJ kids is wrong. They should be ashamed and Katherine should not cover for them. It's ruining her reputation. I'm sure she does love all her grandchildren. MJ kids are minors and should come before her grown children.

Brenda

With all due respect Mrs.Jackson have you thought about had there been a medical emergency or good forbid one of them drowned in a pool or something you need to have a phone with you at all times when you are a guardian to children( especially three children) As a guardian you have to make life situation decision at all times. You do not have the luxury of being away with know way of them contacting you.

rft

The kids are better off with TJ.

gill

I doubt she even knows what day it is! Sounds like elder abuse and manipulation. I hope now she's home, a thorough investigation is done!

1uniquemonique

Failed to tell anyone where she was going. Failed to follow up on the children's well being. All because she needed a break. So in other words, she admits she abandoned three minor children. She should lose permanent guardianship.

chante

I dont believe any of it because at Katherine Jackson's side during the taped statement, which she READ from paper, were her children Rebbie, Jermaine and Janet Jackson.<- They totally wrote it and made her read it!! I prey for MJs kids they need someone who will love them and care for them as MJ would have wanted!

rft