Katherine Jackson

I Wasn't Kidnapped

... I Just Needed a Break

7/25/2012 4:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0725_katherine_jackson_tmzKatherine Jackson has finally broken her silence ... claiming the reason she hasn't checked in with her grandkids for the past 10 days is because she simply didn't feel like using the phone.

She also sounds like she's full of crap.

Jackson just finished up an on-camera interview with "ABC News" ... and talked about the family drama that's transpired since she mysteriously ditched MJ's kids 10 days ago ... and wound up in Arizona.

"There are rumors going around about me that I have been kidnapped," Jackson said ... adding, "I am here today to let everybody to know that I am good and fine."

"My children would never do anything to me like that."

Sure they wouldn't ...

When asked why she felt it was OK to leave 3 minor children in a house without a guardian .. Katherine explained she just felt like taking a "short vacation."

"One reason I didn't call is I just gave up my phone and I didn't want to have any phone calls while I was here."

It's unclear why she didn't TELL HER GRANDKIDS FIRST!

Still, Katherine says ... "I am devastated that while I've been away, my grandchildren have been taken away from me, and I'm coming home."

So, we gotta ask ..

Paz

Where is la Toya??; she is always the first to talk

lucy

Sooo......you finally come home for your grand kids who are distraught missing you, scared and want to see you and you go straight to ABC news interview?!?! Unfortunately it turns out Michael couldn't even trust her either but at least he wasn't living to have that let down as well.

strawberrytart

all these comments are being made on the basis that all the news reports are accurate,the only people who really know what going on are the family themselves.Michael Jackson always said not to believe what is written in tabloids as it is usually not true or sensationalized,to sell newspapers.I agree.

CallMeSeñora

I have two adult sons that do not live with me. If they should call me and I don't answer my cell, they'd call my job. If they can't get me there, they'd call my siblings (who live in another state) asking where they momma is...and if 9 days go by and no news of me, they will call the National Guard, go to the media, canvass the city...and they are adults. Imagine those 3 kids. Who cares they had nannies and what-have-you there? They wanted their grandma and did not know where she was and why she couldn't talk to them. How crazy.

Tensa

She must be entitled to go on a holiday break without the children. None of it makes any sense. These children could practically look after themselves. I think the family are just waiting for her to drop dead.

La_Souris

This sound like something that a person suffering from alzheimer would do...

La_Souris

This sound like something that a person suffering from alzheimer would do...

CC

Stop hyping this up. Maybe it's a massive communication like what happens In many families and no one is a "victim" or "in on it".

cogboy

what? jackson drama just as spike lee's do***entary is set to premier at the venice film fest? hmmm... and you say the 25th anniversary special edition re-release of "bad" is just weeks away?

i think the police departments and courts of california have better things to do than to be used as promotional tools for these greedy idiots. the state should take the kids and the rest should be forced to live with papa joe until they can actually EARN enough cash to make restitution to the state...

cogboy

if every person who did not feel like dealing with phone calls just up and left children unattended they would most certainly end up with a bunch of messed up kids. oh....

Rosemary_S.

Hey! what's with this Rev Al Sharpton? Did Randy promise him a peice of the jackson money pie? It seems Randy will try to find anyone to help him.

what??

Who in the world leaves a 10 yr old and 2 teenagers without telling them where they are.....even for one day and justify their action. Lets just say, for argument sake, that she did talk to one of the kids eventually......she's the main caregiver!!!! Families communicate their whereabouts, even if they're going out for a night. WHO DOES THAT??? REALLY??? Something's not right about this whole story! Seems to me the only believable person is a 14 yr old girl who's got some real spunk....taking on the whole pathetic Jackson family. GO PARIS!!

Marie

There is no excuse for Katherine Jackson to leave three minors at home and without telling them that she is going to travel away from them for a while. In my neighborhood that's called child neglect.

yvonne from uk

Some major lying going on here, nothing new really, no way can Katherine think that any judge is gonna give her back guardianship now, she is not coming forward with a good enough reason for leaving them for so long, the no phone excuse is rubbish, no parent or guardian can do this , you will loose your kids! Sadly because of all this PPB are all gonna have to grow up pretty quick, sad really.

tatashib

Katherine! You are fine? Then how to explain it?
It is a joke over us or your next cunning plan? If it’s so (horror!), then who are you given birth? Once you have boasted with Joe, that your children do not fall into the street, do not become bullies ... They have become worse. And what you have done and are doing everything with the children of Michael and Michael himself, is already condemned the whole world. "My children would never do a thing to me like that, holding me against my will," Katherine added. "It's very stupid for people to think that". So stupid people do not think about you, Katherine, (be happy with their children), we are all strangers, in fact, came to the defense of Michael and his children. We do not need his money; we needed his unique talent which you made silent the actions, and causing us great grief. Again, we do not need money to Michael. By contrast, we give them to him, buying CDs, going to his concerts, the cinema (for example, “This is it”). So it goes, in a will there is a share of our money! Well, then, "relatives " and other men, hands off our (yes!) will. And if Jermaine and others will rehash his voice, the songs of Michael, we shall throw you off the stage. Whether or not ... pay a share of the will - no more gifts. The world is full of such cases squeamish attacks on other people's money (or rather stealing them). You are in a series of such cases. Oh, and we are angry at you. Ask for forgiveness from God! And you know, better you go its way, and do not fall on our way with Michael and his children.