Katherine Jackson

I Wasn't Kidnapped

... I Just Needed a Break

7/25/2012 4:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0725_katherine_jackson_tmzKatherine Jackson has finally broken her silence ... claiming the reason she hasn't checked in with her grandkids for the past 10 days is because she simply didn't feel like using the phone.

She also sounds like she's full of crap.

Jackson just finished up an on-camera interview with "ABC News" ... and talked about the family drama that's transpired since she mysteriously ditched MJ's kids 10 days ago ... and wound up in Arizona.

"There are rumors going around about me that I have been kidnapped," Jackson said ... adding, "I am here today to let everybody to know that I am good and fine."

"My children would never do anything to me like that."

Sure they wouldn't ...

When asked why she felt it was OK to leave 3 minor children in a house without a guardian .. Katherine explained she just felt like taking a "short vacation."

"One reason I didn't call is I just gave up my phone and I didn't want to have any phone calls while I was here."

It's unclear why she didn't TELL HER GRANDKIDS FIRST!

Still, Katherine says ... "I am devastated that while I've been away, my grandchildren have been taken away from me, and I'm coming home."

So, we gotta ask ..

Previous 15 Comments | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17

NotForYou

None of this make any sense or even fits together at all. What the hell did she need a break from? Money? How the hell can you leave the children you are looking after, specially for that long and not tell them and have no contact?! What the hell is wrong with this family? Now I can understand why Michael was so strange.

gapchick101

So she needed a break they are all teenagers, I am sure they could take care of themselves for 10 days or so....

Lisab

So you leave 3 kids at home alone without telling them? Some thing is wrong with this picture, would you have done that when your kids where young?

KL2

Katherine seems incompetant to continue as guardian after leaving the kids and not contacting them for 9 days. This behavior is unacceptable.

Woot

If ANY of these stories are true, those kids need a new guardian MUY PRONTO!

Does Not Make Sense

After watching the interview of grandmother Jackson,
I have a few questions have yet to be answered by anyone...

1. Why would Mrs. Jackson leave MJ's kids and not speak with them herself, even if they had caused her any source of stress it is her responsibility as a guardian to reassure them that she is fine and would return soon.

Where I leave, if a parent or guardian left a child for 10 days without contact, that would be considered neglect.

2. Why is it that only certain siblings were allowed contact with their own mother?!

It makes absolutely no sense as to why a physician wud tell a child that he cud speak with his mother especially if it's Marlon Jackson! Seriously? I believe that this is a guy who is close to his mother., and I am sure she wud to have reassured him that she was okay.

3. The argument over the authentication of the will has been reviewed by the county, city, and state supreme court of California. So why is it now that a letter, that has only been signed by 5 of the siblings (now 4 since Tito has retracted his signature). so vitally important to the investigation of the executors of the estate? Especially Mrs. Jackson's lawyers have already requested an audit of the estate to ensure that all do***entation and monies are in order and accounted for?

4. Why was it important to remove the children from the Calabasas home? Where were they going to be taken?

5. Why would the siblings involve Jermaine (who is a total and disgusting sleeze, seriously, who marries his brother's ex-wife and has two kids with her? Disgusting and filthy men do that's who! How gross can you be! How do your kids introduce themselves? As Brozines?))and Randy(Mr. I had opportunity and time to get a college education and pursue a career instead of convincing myself I cud sing, tagging onto my brothers, and leaching off my brother who basically paid my child support and took care of my ex-wife and her kids) in these affairs at all?

With these two guys.....ALL credibility is lost from the very beginning.

Basically, right now, it appears that Janet has either been duped into thinking that MJ's kids were stressing her mother out or she just doesn't want her siblings leaching off of her so she's going along with this hot mess which is in turn damaging her career.

I expected more out of Rebe, Tito was either duped by his own siblings.

Jermaine and Randy need child support money like crazy and now that Micheal is no longer alive to help them out, they need new executors who will.

But it looks like the bottom line is this.......

They did not stop to realize that if Mrs. Jackson lost guardianship, or if the executors were removes from the estate, then it's a pretty good chance that the guardian as well as the new executors of the estate would have to be appointed by a court, not a Jackson family member.

Lace

I wonder if anyone gives a **** about all of the kids in the world who are REALLY being abused both physically and mentally, everyday who are NOT the adopted children of a star. Where is all the talk and defending of them? I guess they're unworthy of any care or attention because they're not the white children of a deceased, rich, black man that so many loved to hate when he was alive. No one knows her kids better than Katherine does. Anyone who believe she was "kidnapped" is being silly. For all we know, this whole thing could have been her idea triggered by some event that happened with her disrespectful granddaughter.

J

Shut up TMZ, you definitely weren't there for any of this. Who are you to refer to an 82 year old woman as being full of crap...and who are you to imply that the Jackson family would KIDNAP their own MOTHER. YOU are full of crap!!

MIZIT4

It is easy now to believe that a Jackson family member was in that house when MJ died, and when the Doctor was out of the room, it was lights out for the king. WHOEVER screwed the surv tapes up, knew that house better than the good ole doctor did.

Mizit

Perhaps the courts will now rethink the accusations of the good ole Doctor and find out what happened to the surv tape and who else was in that house secretly.

Previous 15 Comments | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17