Katherine Jackson

I Wasn't Kidnapped

... I Just Needed a Break

7/25/2012 4:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0725_katherine_jackson_tmzKatherine Jackson has finally broken her silence ... claiming the reason she hasn't checked in with her grandkids for the past 10 days is because she simply didn't feel like using the phone.

She also sounds like she's full of crap.

Jackson just finished up an on-camera interview with "ABC News" ... and talked about the family drama that's transpired since she mysteriously ditched MJ's kids 10 days ago ... and wound up in Arizona.

"There are rumors going around about me that I have been kidnapped," Jackson said ... adding, "I am here today to let everybody to know that I am good and fine."

"My children would never do anything to me like that."

Sure they wouldn't ...

When asked why she felt it was OK to leave 3 minor children in a house without a guardian .. Katherine explained she just felt like taking a "short vacation."

"One reason I didn't call is I just gave up my phone and I didn't want to have any phone calls while I was here."

It's unclear why she didn't TELL HER GRANDKIDS FIRST!

Still, Katherine says ... "I am devastated that while I've been away, my grandchildren have been taken away from me, and I'm coming home."

So, we gotta ask ..

zelda

If TJ is the responsible person he appears to be, he should move those kids away from the crazies into a home with his family and give them a taste of something at least approaching normality. The whole thing is just sad.

xmen171

Sounds like Janet, Jermaine and Randy each had one white bejeweled glove around her neck.

JiLL1

I think Katherine has Stockholm Syndrome

HumanNature

MRS. JACKSON WILL NOT BE GETTING MJ3 BACK!!!!

SHE JUST CLOSED AND LOCKED THE DOOR AND THREW AWAY THE DAMN KEY!!!

Areader

I'm not buying any of this and neither should the judge that heard the temporary guardianship today!

Seeing as the children are minors and were left on their own, Katherine, Janet, Jermaine, Randy and Rebbe should be all be questioned by child services and the police department!

In addition to that the children should be interviewed by the same departments!

This whole thing does not make any sense at all!

i wish the tmz staff and the tmz commenntors were in jail, where they belong

Wellington

Why is she driving home from AZ instead of flying? So the effects of the drugs she's been under wear off before she gets home?

HumanNature

MRS. JACKSON CAN GO AND LIVE WITH JANET AND REBBIE "FULL-TIME!!!!

rainbow4321

Courts may have NO choice but to revoke her guardianship. She has two explanations to pick from 1) I was held against my will (which she won't admit while the leaches are around pressuring her) OR 2) I have the worst, most stupid, unexplainable, selfish judgement ever and abandoned the minors who I was legally supposed to look out for. (cue Jeopardy music here...what will her answer be?). So whatever was afoot failed THIS time but what about next time the plotters work out any kinks from the first time? Next time they may swoop up the kids AND her. Not to mention take away what tools the kids use for social media access. IMO, the plotters suddenly realized that they had a grandma/mom with potentially NO further access to any more money or mansions and she became useless to them. Uh-oh...who wants grandma/mom NOW? NO one.

Dramazone

Ooops looks like the Jackson klan bungled the kidnapping for $$$ job...

barcham

This lady is just totally incompetent and the guardianship should be taken away from her on that basis alone. She is not responsible enough or able to properly care for those children and ensure their safety and security.

oink

She wants to run away from the 3 kids, & mansion she can allways come back to the trailor park

MiMi

Well,Joe can come & live with me,just don't tell my donkey.

barcham

By the way...where the hell has LaToya been while all of this has been going on? I haven't heard or read any mention of her.

Christy

TJ needs to request permanent guardianship of these children.It would be in their best interest. Ask any parent of any child...you can't just run away because you need a break. That means you can't handle this job. Give it to someone who can!