Katherine Jackson

I Wasn't Kidnapped

... I Just Needed a Break

7/25/2012 4:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0725_katherine_jackson_tmzKatherine Jackson has finally broken her silence ... claiming the reason she hasn't checked in with her grandkids for the past 10 days is because she simply didn't feel like using the phone.

She also sounds like she's full of crap.

Jackson just finished up an on-camera interview with "ABC News" ... and talked about the family drama that's transpired since she mysteriously ditched MJ's kids 10 days ago ... and wound up in Arizona.

"There are rumors going around about me that I have been kidnapped," Jackson said ... adding, "I am here today to let everybody to know that I am good and fine."

"My children would never do anything to me like that."

Sure they wouldn't ...

When asked why she felt it was OK to leave 3 minor children in a house without a guardian .. Katherine explained she just felt like taking a "short vacation."

"One reason I didn't call is I just gave up my phone and I didn't want to have any phone calls while I was here."

It's unclear why she didn't TELL HER GRANDKIDS FIRST!

Still, Katherine says ... "I am devastated that while I've been away, my grandchildren have been taken away from me, and I'm coming home."

So, we gotta ask ..

oli

Its called battening down the hatches and try to calm things down. Simple fact is that the children were left alone without their GUARDIAN for over a week no knowing what happened to her. Inexcusable and if it were a 'normal' family they would probably have been taken into care. If Katherine is telling the truth, she should apologise to her grandchildren for not telling them.

John

Obviously someone's been messing with her. She looks petrified. And she's lying. I wish the cops or someone with some authority could be brought in.

ZB

Seriously? You leave your grandkids alone for 10 days? Grandkids that are so worried about you they report you missing? She has been a puppet for Joe and his child abuse for many years...now her own kids are doing the same to her. I would blame it on her age but she let it happen before...I think she is easily manipulated. That does not a good guardian make...let any one of us leave our kids alone for 10 days and see who has custody of them....it sure won't be us.

oink

The only reason Katherine came home was she heard about the court meeting to remove her as guardian,

she came home to try save the $70,00 month, not home for the kids she wouldn't even talk to on the phone.

South Beach

It's clear the grandmother is in over her head in this situation. Her kids are split down the middle, and she's not able to deal with open warfare. She's an older lady most likely at her wits end trying to make peace between her kids, and it's not going to happen.

Better the uncle who can stand strong and stay focused on the only thing that matters, protecting the kids.

shawn

Nothing she says explains the children coming to the compound to take the kids, she never explained that! That is attempted kidnapping! Jail time! She never explained why Joe all of the sudden showed up when she did, because he was holding her! She did not explain why she thought it was okay to just leave kids alone, sorry, she doesn't deserve the kids as a victim or as an accessory. TJ needs to do the right thing and execute restraining orders for all of them involved.

adelle

Katherine Jackson allows her degenerate kids to pull her puppet strings, she may as well be pulling the strings herself, because not doing anything, is JUST as bad.

How could she let those poor children go that many days? Because she needed a "break"? Now she uses her timid personality and old age as an excuse for being so irresponsible, because who would dare confront such a sweet old woman for doing such a despicable, cruel, and irresponsible thing to her grandkids? Well played Katherine, well played.

Lynn317

She's either:
- No longer capable of having the responsibility of caring for minor children due to age and is easily overwhelmed.

- She is truly having health issues such as a mini stroke, that is impairing her ability to think rationally.

- She is being manipulated by those that abducted her and trying to cover for them so they don't get into trouble.

Unless she says she was abducted and tricked into this absence against her will ... she will lose guardianship of MJ's kids ... and that is the way it should be - as it appears she is no longer capable of the responsibility of caring for them.

congratulationsnariah

She has to be covering for her own kids.. there is no other earthly reason WHATSOEVER she would be gone that long and not call them

Noel

I truly don't think this woman understands the severity of this situation. If what she is saying is true, then she definitely should not regain custody of the kids because she thinks there is nothing wrong with taking off and not speaking to the kids for more than a week. If that is the choice she made, then she should lose custody and find solace with Randy and the bunch of the thugs she calls her children. The judge set a hearing for 30 days from today. I suspect that in the meantime, a lot of crap will come forth that could substantiate why she might not be the ideal guardian at this point in her life. I bet poor Paris got the tongue lashing of her life.

Wow ...

Is she back in LA yet? How long does it take to fly home, an hour? Then I heard she is being driven, why if she is in 'bad health" would they have this 82 yr old woman driven home???

Jaunice

Sorry, Mrs. Jackson but you sound like you are still under the influence of kidnappers. Sad

lisaknowsthetruth

I have no respect for Janet or any of the other Jacksons and yes that includes Katherine. This family is crazy and i see why Michael was the way he was. They are all about money and you can believe they will pull this stunt again.

JulieB

I don't know why this family has to act like A**holes. It's really embarrassing.

Lisa

If the legal guardian of three children just up and leaves for 10 days without any explanation and then claims that 'she just needed a break', then it's pretty obvious that a new guardian should be appointed. At 82 Katherine Jackson is far too old to care for two teenagers and a 10 year old. She is going to be taken care of for the rest of her life anyway, so the job of raising Michael's three kids should go to someone who can handle it. If those children are happy with the new arrangement then it should remain that way.