Katherine Jackson

I Wasn't Kidnapped

... I Just Needed a Break

7/25/2012 4:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0725_katherine_jackson_tmzKatherine Jackson has finally broken her silence ... claiming the reason she hasn't checked in with her grandkids for the past 10 days is because she simply didn't feel like using the phone.

She also sounds like she's full of crap.

Jackson just finished up an on-camera interview with "ABC News" ... and talked about the family drama that's transpired since she mysteriously ditched MJ's kids 10 days ago ... and wound up in Arizona.

"There are rumors going around about me that I have been kidnapped," Jackson said ... adding, "I am here today to let everybody to know that I am good and fine."

"My children would never do anything to me like that."

Sure they wouldn't ...

When asked why she felt it was OK to leave 3 minor children in a house without a guardian .. Katherine explained she just felt like taking a "short vacation."

"One reason I didn't call is I just gave up my phone and I didn't want to have any phone calls while I was here."

It's unclear why she didn't TELL HER GRANDKIDS FIRST!

Still, Katherine says ... "I am devastated that while I've been away, my grandchildren have been taken away from me, and I'm coming home."

So, we gotta ask ..

Susan Jacobson

Bottom line, she had a responsibility to care for her grandchildren, a legal responsibility as a guardian for the children. She did not do this. I hope TJ gets permanent legal guardianship, Katherine clearly has not fullfilled her responsibilities.

Jaunice

OMG what a mess!

Susan Jacobson

If she is sticking up for her kids, the kids that should be in jail for kidnapping, attempted kidnapping, elder abuse, and child abuse, it may cost her guardianship of the grandkids. TJ, hope you keep the kids away from your crazy money sucking bottom feeding aunts and uncles.

Cujeaux

So predictable....I guess this means she doesn't have the authority to make any more 4 am firings and Randy can no longer call the kid's Calabassas home 'our house'. Bug bye c*ckroaches!

This must have aged the kids several years, but at least they can now see the writing on the wal.

Lucea

A full investigation is needed. Katherine Jackson has obviously been threatened, bullied, drugged, brainwashed and God knows what else. This is unlike her. Both she and MJ's kids need to be protected from the entire Jackson clan

adelle

I know this isn't a very nice thing to say but

As someone who didn't stick up for her own children when they got beat as little ones, why would she stick up for her grandchildren who are being bullied?

Just not at all surprised. She isn't a very strong woman and the way she let's people get away with things it almost makes me wonder if that's a reflection of how SHE really feels deep down.

Maybe she thinks the kids shouldn't be entitled to so much money. Maybe she truly believes her own children deserve it more. Maybe theres a whole lot of darkness going on under the guise of a sweet old lady. I was taught to never judge a book by its cover..

Jaunice

Now Mrs. Jackson gonna cry me a river about "losing" her grand kids??? She left them! If she is so old that she does not know what she did is wrong, she needs to be in a rest home.

Carl

That statement about not wanting to use the phone to contact the children she is charged with caring for can really be used against her if they decide to press for full guardianship for TJ.

Lynn317

I am really sure there were no nice spas in the LA area that she could go to for a few days.

And I am really sure the only place she could take a short vacation is in AZ ...

And I am really sure that none of her 'loving' children that abducted her, just absent mindedly forget that she had minor children at home she needed to be in touch with - and these 'loving' children forgot to encourage her to let these minor children she is responsible for, know where she was and how long she would be gone..

Yea ... all this is really believable.

Jaunice

Mrs. Jackson better wise up and cut off those mooching mouths she calls her children. They want her put away!

Jen Williams

Again, where is she? She's STILL not home. Plus, Joe Jackson's squatting @ Hayvenhurst. Why are they brining urinalysis stuff out of the home? What's so hard about calling security/grandkids/an attorney & saying, "I'm ok. I leave the kids with so-and-so about 10 days." Not hard to do! She needs to stop letting kids run her life & start being responsible. Instead of going to spas using MJ's kids money & then not talking to them for over a week, she needs to be thrown in jail for child abandonment & kept away cuz obviously she can't control her own kids staying away!

Vanessa

Debbie Rowe is laughing all the way to the bank with her new black boy toy....#teamjanetslapthatlilbr​atParisformeplz

@Mag

How can you "in essence" adopt someone? You either adopt them or you don't. I have seen no evidence that MJ ever adopted those children, or that he biologically fathered them. Legally it doesn't appear he had any claim to the children, so neither does anyone in his family.

Dramazone

Once the Jackson kidnapper klan realize Katherine has lost guardianship of MJ's kids they will try to strong arm TJ for control and $$$ unless TJ is in on the scam.

LilMiss Sunshine

She always covers for her kids bad behavior that's why they act the way they do. Why isn't she returning to the home she shares with the grandkids if all is well? Her kids are afraid to leave her alone w/ anyone who might ask her for the truth. She's the one who needs a guardian!