Katherine Jackson

I Wasn't Kidnapped

... I Just Needed a Break

7/25/2012 4:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0725_katherine_jackson_tmzKatherine Jackson has finally broken her silence ... claiming the reason she hasn't checked in with her grandkids for the past 10 days is because she simply didn't feel like using the phone.

She also sounds like she's full of crap.

Jackson just finished up an on-camera interview with "ABC News" ... and talked about the family drama that's transpired since she mysteriously ditched MJ's kids 10 days ago ... and wound up in Arizona.

"There are rumors going around about me that I have been kidnapped," Jackson said ... adding, "I am here today to let everybody to know that I am good and fine."

"My children would never do anything to me like that."

Sure they wouldn't ...

When asked why she felt it was OK to leave 3 minor children in a house without a guardian .. Katherine explained she just felt like taking a "short vacation."

"One reason I didn't call is I just gave up my phone and I didn't want to have any phone calls while I was here."

It's unclear why she didn't TELL HER GRANDKIDS FIRST!

Still, Katherine says ... "I am devastated that while I've been away, my grandchildren have been taken away from me, and I'm coming home."

So, we gotta ask ..

Jaunice

Liar Randy, CRAZY Janet and Rebbie (who?) see those 3 kids only as ATMs

ratbag

I don't know if this gets any more insane. Who drives from Arizona to California in the middle of summer? Instead of flying home, they stick her in the back of an SUV for a 10 hour trip home from Arizona? What kind of sense does that make unless they're hoping the drugs will wear off by the time she gets home. There is no way she should get permanent guardianship returned.

Cindy

I vote "victim" and "in on it". She is complicit in the behavior of members of her family and, in my opinion, has never really been honest in an interview. She has defended Joe, claiming he didn't beat the children. I feel more for Michael's children than I do for her.

MysticalFlute

Alright... I had a classmate that was raised by her grandmother from the time she was a baby, all the way until we graduated. Not ONCE did her grandmother disappear on her without telling her. Even when her grandmother went out of town without her, SHE KNEW about it, WHERE her grandmother was, and could CONTACT her if she needed something!

There is something so, so wrong with this story.

hmm

she is not going back to that house tonight becasue she doenst want to have to answer tough questions with the kids. She will stay at the other house and conspire with the others on a plan to try and get out of this. She doesnt love those kids. Sadly i wonder who does. But at least they have each other. She is as bad as janet and company..she thinks her kids deserve it and its too bad because its not their decision but michael's to make. Game Over! Put restraining orders on all of them.

Jaunice

Katherine's "wonderful" children probably wanted her in that car for the long drive back to LA hoping she fell ill. These are money grubbing people out for "their share".....Mrs. Jackson best get with it and fast!!!

smorbie

You know your regular guardian just couldn't leave the kids for ten days without telling them where she was going or calling without losing custody of them.
They would also be charged with child neglect and child endangerment.

LDB

if you werent weak letting everybody walk all over you all this wouldn't have happened

lilly

them comments arent going to fly with the judge. Leaving three kids that you have guardianship over for ten days and not explain to them that you needed to get away and then you didn't appoint anyone to watch over them while you was gone. I need a break from all these stories both true and false

Sigh

Nobody has SEEN Katherine -- my theory is that is is already dead and the family is scrambling to get custody before her death is found out. With her already dead, the family has less recourse than if she is still alive. With her "alive, " they can get the kids and the money more easily. With her dead, the money reverts to the trust and away from the family.

MiMi

Is it time for a G+++ P++++ party yet?

mebrat24

She didn't want to talk to her grandchildren but she has no problem talking to ABC cameras today. priceless.
the kids would be better off without her

JenKasa

She couldn't stand up and protect her kids from being beaten and worked half to death, its not surprising she can't stand up to her greedy kids. She loves the kids more than any of them I think, but she can't protect them. TJ having them, the will staying as is, and Katherine allowed to visit them is the best solution.
Even when Katherine challeged the will before it seemed like she was being cohersed and wasn't sure. I mean why would she challenge that kind of money?

Straight Talkin Texan

I've never been a fan of this woman. She's probably nice and all, but she didn't do right by her children. I feel like she sat by wringing her hands while her husband mistreated and messed up their children. And now she can't even tell the truth! She is weak! A strong person would speak the truth and let the chips fall where they may.

bocephus

Every parent/guardian needs a break sometimes...especially if the children in question are spoiled little brats that think they have a right to order adults around. And that parent/guardian has the right NOT to tell the spoiled little brats where they are going...It's called "down time"...parents/guardians NEED it even if those brats are the questionable offspring of MJ.