Katherine Jackson

I Wasn't Kidnapped

... I Just Needed a Break

7/25/2012 4:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0725_katherine_jackson_tmzKatherine Jackson has finally broken her silence ... claiming the reason she hasn't checked in with her grandkids for the past 10 days is because she simply didn't feel like using the phone.

She also sounds like she's full of crap.

Jackson just finished up an on-camera interview with "ABC News" ... and talked about the family drama that's transpired since she mysteriously ditched MJ's kids 10 days ago ... and wound up in Arizona.

"There are rumors going around about me that I have been kidnapped," Jackson said ... adding, "I am here today to let everybody to know that I am good and fine."

"My children would never do anything to me like that."

Sure they wouldn't ...

When asked why she felt it was OK to leave 3 minor children in a house without a guardian .. Katherine explained she just felt like taking a "short vacation."

"One reason I didn't call is I just gave up my phone and I didn't want to have any phone calls while I was here."

It's unclear why she didn't TELL HER GRANDKIDS FIRST!

Still, Katherine says ... "I am devastated that while I've been away, my grandchildren have been taken away from me, and I'm coming home."

So, we gotta ask ..

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

tucker

Too late to explain all this away!

Kingfish

Someone should set fire to that whole compound.

also extra Lulz.. I just heard Paris Jackson described as Black Royalty.. LMAO! even if she was blood related that wouldn't apply.

DebbieGP

couldn't get an honest answer out of a jackson if you paid them

Latch Johnson

Who cares

Kate

Phoned in? Could be anyone. Not buying it.

jeannie

If it true she left on her own, she doesn't deserve guardianship of the kids. She could have simply explained that she needed a break , assured the kids they would be taken care of and she would be back soon. Something stinks somewhere.

Dramazone

Katherine is covering for the kidnappers. Janet swiped Katherine's cell phone like she tried take Paris' cell phone.

No comment

Randy and Jermaine have been wearing her down for years. Sucking her dry for money to pay their child support. Also, Randy said she was on her way home at 10:00a.m., and she is still not in CA at 5:00p.m., the flight is barely over an hour.

I don't expect her to be happy with MJ's kids, because her kids will always come first. I hope the court ask for a mental health evaluation. It is still not right to not return a phone call. I don't even believe she was at the spa until maybe yesterday.

Mina

How is Katherine's statement gonna help her to regain the guardianship? How can a guardian just left and not telling where she went for 10 days?

She is trying to protect her own children. The very same persons that started this mess... yes you Randy, Janet and Jermaine.

R

Yeah. Sure. Riiiight.

Vicky

I miss the old TMZ - the one that didn't take sides and stayed neutral.

While I'm not buying Katherine's statement. This kind of reporting is childish and crappy.

Heaven

and i thought my family was ****ed up.

MZLB

As a mother of 3 children, if I decided to up and leave without telling my kids, they would file a missing persons report. As a legal guardian you CANNOT just up and leave because you need a break without telling your kids...I think she is trying to cover up for her own triflin greedy kids...smh

The Maharincess of Franistan

I've LONG SAID that Katherine Jackson is just a stupid old woman.

She has YET to prove me wrong!

This crap she's putting out now is nothing more than damage control -- and it's too late for it.

If she gets in front of the Judge at the hearing next month to restore her guardianship, and says this crap, TJ will get permanent custody for sure. Because it just shows her as stupid and irresponsible, and not the person to be entrusted with minor children.

That whole family is trash.

CrissCross

Bull and crap too! I bet they made her say that, smh. Seems sneaky to me, if Katherine didn't tell the kids then SOMEONE should have. None of their stories add up.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments