'Big Brother' Star Willie Hantz

I'm NO Drunk Driver

7/26/2012 3:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0726_survivor_bailbonds_article"Big Brother" troublemaker Willie Hantz claims he's no drunk driver ... insisting he was merely sitting in the driver's seat with the car running when he was confronted by police this morning.

A short time after he was released from jail following his drunk driving arrest in Louisiana, the reality star went to his Twitter page to tell his side of the story:

"I wasn't driving. I was sitting in the driver's seat with the car running. I know stupid."

As TMZ first reported ... cops claim Willie tried to flee the scene ... but didn't make it too far before he was captured and arrested in a parking lot around 2AM.

But Hantz is calling BS on the alleged chase ... saying, "I didn't run from anyone. I was just moving my car like the cops asked me to. Then they came up and arrested me."

"If I would have ran then I would have been resisting arrest. I don't know where that came from."

For good measure, Willie posted a photo of himself posing in front of the bail bonds office after he was released from jail (above) ... and offered a final pearl of wisdom about the situation:

"I mean all I can do is laugh it off. Learn from it. Maybe."

update_bar
Willie called in to BBAD radio last night to further clarify, saying, "I just moved a car in a parking lot because the cop told me to ... when I moved the car, he arrested me ... I felt like I got Punk'd."

0727_willie_hantz_getty_speaks

sc1432

Willie you and your brothers,nephews,ect..should go back under the rock you all crawled out off.
You are nothing more then a hot tempered jack ass, with no class or morals of any value..
Moron..If your car was running and you were drunk that is drunk driving..Tell it to the judge and see where it gets u.
With any luck the judge will place you in rehab for you drinking and mental health issues..
Your definalty a couple french fries short of a happy meal.

parlayer

it's very hard for alcoholics to admit they are drunk or they even have a problem. nobody was a better drunk than me, i understand the situation. sober 19 years now. if i can do it anybody can!!

Annie

Willie..this is simple...try to follow.

1. Did you drink while you were in the bar?

2. Did you willingly operate the car (even just to move it a few feet)?

DUI, Duh!!!

Latoya's Headband

Sitting in a car while drunk, with the keys in the igintion and the car is idling IS drunk driving, you as$whole!

Keith

He'll be laughing out of the other side of his face when he's done because he is guilty of DUI just by being behind the wheel with the keys in the ignition . let alone with the engine running. He should read the law or consult with his attorney before he goes shooting his mouth off. What a loser.

Bu

Oh Willie....no another problem!

karlew

That's the law sonny, if you have your keys and you're in your car and your drunk it's a DUI.. My buddy got a DUI for sleeping in the back seat of his car with his keys in his pocket. Didn't get convicted but it cost him for his lawyer.

sweetnspicy

These are the male versions of the Kardashians.... we may hate them, but they are reality TV and tabloid wh0res. Pretty soon a day won't go by that we don't hear something about a Hantz brother and they will eventually be making millions. You heard it here first folks! lol SAD BUT TRUE!

B_Moore

Man I cant stand the people that comment here

lanie

Winners never quit and quitters never win... He's the worst player in Big Brother history -- finally dethroning Marcellas (and Lawon)... Such a weak man for not being able to suck it up..

CBS needs to stop casting these violent thug Hantz losers...

Joe

I guess TMZ is just reporting stories about regular people these days. This @ssmonkey was on tv for about 2 weeks, and proved to America he is a loser. Hopefully this is the last story we ever hear of this clown !

Tee

that would be big brother "contestant", not star.

KnuckleDragger

I think if anyone ever asked me to explain genetics and how it applies to human appearance and behavior ... I'd have to point out the Hantz family. What they lack in being real people they make up for in entertainment.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

Yeah, laugh it off, a-hole. Being a pathetic, drunken liar is hilarious! Too bad you didn't kill anyone, that would be REALLY funny ha ha. Will someone please just punch this loser in the face for me?

paul

what a piece of crap, whole damn family, trying like stupid little boys to be famous, and they are just a laughing stock,,,, a human joke

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments