'Big Brother' Star Willie Hantz

I'm NO Drunk Driver

7/26/2012 3:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0726_survivor_bailbonds_article"Big Brother" troublemaker Willie Hantz claims he's no drunk driver ... insisting he was merely sitting in the driver's seat with the car running when he was confronted by police this morning.

A short time after he was released from jail following his drunk driving arrest in Louisiana, the reality star went to his Twitter page to tell his side of the story:

"I wasn't driving. I was sitting in the driver's seat with the car running. I know stupid."

As TMZ first reported ... cops claim Willie tried to flee the scene ... but didn't make it too far before he was captured and arrested in a parking lot around 2AM.

But Hantz is calling BS on the alleged chase ... saying, "I didn't run from anyone. I was just moving my car like the cops asked me to. Then they came up and arrested me."

"If I would have ran then I would have been resisting arrest. I don't know where that came from."

For good measure, Willie posted a photo of himself posing in front of the bail bonds office after he was released from jail (above) ... and offered a final pearl of wisdom about the situation:

"I mean all I can do is laugh it off. Learn from it. Maybe."

update_bar
Willie called in to BBAD radio last night to further clarify, saying, "I just moved a car in a parking lot because the cop told me to ... when I moved the car, he arrested me ... I felt like I got Punk'd."

0727_willie_hantz_getty_speaks

loloagogo

Hello I am checking to see if TMZ ousted me from commenting, Love, Lora

pfinstir

Ummm. In most states, sitting behind the wheel of a car=driving!

JimmyB

I'm guessing that being arrested in this family is:
1. Hardly unusual.
2. A badge of honor.

Liz

In many states, it's enough to be sitting in a driver's seat while drunk to get a DUI charge because the assumption is you were trying to drive. This loser doesn't deserve any more publicity - let him fade away and go back to his sorry life.

JustAnotherFatAmerican

This guy is a first class dipshirt.

here_to_please

I really want to have sex with that man.

GoodOnPaper

always someone else's fault.

Kristen

This guy is the biggest loser in Big Brother history. Such a pathetic excuse for a human being. I hope he chokes on his fruit loops he keeps talking about.

I am Spartacus

If you're in the drivers seat, you can get a DUI whether the car is running or not. Cops can nail you on intent.

ubetcha!

Stupid inbred dumbass.

pimpc

Who???

Tracy

I don't know if I saw this during a regular episode or on a live feed, but I remember a few of the contestants dishing about another contestant who packed a gallon of vodka, saying "who does that? He must drink a *lot* at home." I missed the beginning of the conversation, so I wasn't sure who they were talking about, but I suspected it was Willie. Now I'm fairly *certain* they were talking about Willie.

john martin

A short time after he was released from jail following his drunk driving arrest in Louisiana, Nice blog but here we in New Mexico drunk driving criminal court cases can result in punishment that includes jail time, fines.

Subaru

That is a family of no talent white trash. Please let's be done with them all

6one9

Karma ```````` is a bitch ``` Willie!
Don't even mess with BIG BROTHER!!
L`O`S`E`R!