« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Cal Ripken Jr.'s Mom

Cops Release Photo

of Abduction Suspect

7/26/2012 1:14 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Maryland police have released a photo of the man suspected of abducting Cal Ripken Jr.'s mother at gunpoint this week -- and they're offering a $2,000 reward to people who can help find him.

The man is described as a white male, approximately 5’10” tall, 180 lbs, short brown hair and glasses.

As we previously reported, Cal's mom Vi Ripken was abducted from her Aberdeen home Tuesday morning ... after cops say the suspect pulled out a handgun and forced her into her car.

Vi was finally located yesterday. She appeared unharmed.

According to law enforcement, the suspect drove around in Mrs. Ripken's Lincoln all day with her in the back seat. He allegedly took her credit cards and used them, but it appears to have been a random attack on an older woman. It doesn't appear as though he knew who Vi Ripken was.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

diane

$2000? That's all she's worth? Really?

Sea Urchin

OMG that is Kris Benson, he was Ripken's teammate and played for Mets.

Nate

He prolly wanted to hold her for ransom. But he chicken out and let her go. Thankfully that is.

SaintMidian

It's Casper Smart. He needed cash for the peep show.

Vanessa

ahahahahahhaha disgusting and true I'm not surprised it's like they're all on bath salth this week Geez #teamMethodman

Sara

This guy not only robbed her but tried to rape her. She was able to fight him off, apparently.

KonaRyan

Dude looks like he just got done caddying at the Masters.

xiam007

Cal Ripken Jr.'s bookie or dealer ... someone owes somebody sum money ... just sayin

Fifty Shades of WTF

Who cares "who" she was? This douche bag used a gun, preyed on an older citizen and stole. While I am very glad she is unharmed physically, I am sure being taken at gunpoint shook her up at the very least. Grrrrrr.... people like this guy make me sick.

Mandy G.

Sorry, but something just isn't right about this. I can't put my finger on it, but it doesn't pass the smell test. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to apologize, but I just have a feeling that, in a few days, the police will make an announcement that will surprise a lot of people.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Probably the only white guy on the planet that didn't know who the hell Cal Ripken Jr. is or who his mother was.

parlayer

Batting Practice for Cal.

Nic

OMG! Is that Ryan Seacrest??? lmfao

There's a problem here

Is it true that that stupid M F'er didn't even know that she was Ripkin's mother?

Sara

I apologize for any inconvenience my theory may have caused. I shouldn't have written it the way I did. This was just what I presumed the motive for Mrs. Ripken's abduction was.

Rape is an act of violence that affects women of all ages. It has nothing to do with sexual desire, really. A classic episode of ALL IN THE FAMILY from 1977 clearly pointed that out.