Simon Cowell

Drops $500k to Pamper

'X Factor' Finalists

7/26/2012 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0726_simon_cowell_xfactor
You know you're rich when ... you spend $500,000 to upgrade 160 "X Factor" contestants to a "nicer" hotel simply because you felt like it -- like Simon Cowell just did.

It all went down in Miami ... where the 160 wannabes who made it past the audition rounds are competing for 32 coveted spots.

Sources tell us ... Cowell -- who created the show -- decided he wanted to reward the contestants for making it this far ... and didn't want them slumming in a "regular" hotel.

So he upgraded ALL of the contestants to the exclusive Mondrian Miami South Beach Hotel ... and promised to cover everyone's meals during the audition process.

0726_simon_cowell_hotel_mondrian
We're told Simon's expecting the total bill to run somewhere in the $500k range ... which would probably sting ... if he wasn't a gazillionaire.

JDUB

I like Simon but I still think he's allergic to buttons.

Fat Mike

Can you get rid of that Greyson Chance ad that's constantly on the right? Every time I see it I want to punch him in the head.

chzbrgrmachne

Ah, the putrid stench of desperation. When was the last time it was this strong... Oh yes. Right after Charlie Sheen got booted from "Two and a half men".

LCS27

Someone tells urgently Simon Cowell that his chest ISN'T beautiful. He looks like and old retired gay stylist that lives his days in a beach resort.

KnuckleDragger

Late again, DAMN! I was going to post something stupid...but I see that's already been covered.

Fifty Shades of WTF

Rename X-Factor... to ZZZzzzzzzzz-Factor. So over this show.

ray

"$500k range ... which would probably sting ... if he wasn't a gazillion' you're saying this like it's coming out of his personal net wallet. Normal show expense like everything else asasociated with the $hitty show

michelle

I wish Simon would purchase me a piece of land for my animal rescue. That would nicely cover the cost to keep y babies safe. Oh to have money...

ren

this is what happens when you buy **** music...

Lexxa

He should give us poor people that money! lol

Carl

I'm not sure the TMZ staff understands the difference between spending personal money and using funds from a production budget.

billybob

Cowell, the dumbass, made more money with disposable artists than Elton John,
Mick Jagger, Sting, Keith Richards etc. during their whole career...

SusanCoyote

A bunch of talent show contestants in a hotel in Florida. What a treat! It's Florida for F*&% sakes!

oink

The Jackson 4 would like to be on the show

Lola

It's Simon's money to do with what he wants. He earned it. It's nobody's business how he earned it, but he started at the bottom of the business and worked his way to the top through his own sweat, worry, creativity, energy, and risk taking. This was actually a kind act he has done, because those contestants were already set and accepting the hotel they were in. He upgraded them and paid for their meals just to reward them for getting this far in the show. I don't care if his money would have fed starving folks around the globe or paid for your pet project. This is what he chooses to do with this bit of money. I'm sure he spends a good amount on charity. Most decent acts of charity you will never hear about, because that's how it's supposed to be. I'm sick of the attitude that people who have gotten rich should give you or someone else their money. Go earn some of your own. Oh, you're not smart enough or hard working enough? Then remain poor.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments