Dane Cook Apologizes

for Massacre Joke

-- 'Bad Judgment Call'

7/27/2012 2:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0727_dane_cook_tmz
Dane Cook has issued an apology for cracking a joke about the "Dark Knight Rises" massacre ... saying he regrets telling the joke ... and admits it was a "bad judgment call."

Cook just posted a statement on Twitter saying, "I am devastated by the recent tragedy in Colorado & did not mean to make light of what happened."

"I made a bad judgment call with my material last night & regret making a joke at such a sensitive time. My heart goes out to all of the families & friends of the victims."

As we previously reported, Cook's controversial joke went something like this ... The Batman movie is so bad, had the killing spree not occurred, the people inside of the theater would have been begging for someone to shoot them.

The whole thing went down Thursday night at The Laugh Factory on the Sunset Strip ... and was captured on tape. The footage was later posted to the website DailyCaller.com.

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14

Passion Of The Taint

Douche!

davd

Dane cook, what a dope, he isn't even funny.

Brian

This ahole totally did this on purpose, just so he could his get unfunny ass in the news....

Gucci

Ass. How could you not know this was not the time for that? I used to like Dane but now I think he's just a huge douche.

LDB

If your going to crack a joke about a recent tragedy, at least be funny

Jackoo

Apology not accepted, rot in hell with your stupid comments. As everyone knows you don't mean it. I hated him before, now I hope a piano falls on his head. You inconsiderate horrible human being.

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

It's Gilbert Gottfried all over again. The only difference is: GG is occasionally funny, DC is... not. Not even with the ripped-off material he's been stealing from mediocre legit comedians.

He's the Dennis Leary of suck. At least Dennis stole from Bill Hicks.

LoveJac23

Cook, you're a PUD. I hope you saved your pennies. You're gonna need em. Sure arn't getting any of mine gain, Which is fine by me cuz you're not really funny anyway.

jokerchick

he has a big, woman @$$ and monkey face - oh, and he's not funny

Anna

Typical. Stop saying stupid ****, then giving meaningless apologies afterwards. Just don't say anything to begin with.

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14