Dane Cook Cracks Jokes

About 'Batman' Massacre

7/27/2012 8:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dane Cook
is using the Colorado shooting tragedy as material for his standup act.

Last night, Cook took the stage at the Laugh Factory on Sunset Blvd. and began to talk about "Dark Knight Rises."

In footage, obtained by DailyCaller.com, Cook can be heard saying ...

"So I heard that the guy came into the theater about 25 minutes into the movie ... And I don’t know if you’ve seen the movie, but the movie is pretty much a piece of crap ... yeah, spoiler alert.”

Cook continued ... “I know that if none of that would have happened, pretty sure that somebody in that theater, about 25 minutes in, realizing it was a piece of crap, was probably like ‘ugh f*cking shoot me.’”

A bunch of people in the crowd laughed ... some people groaned.

For the record, the shooting occurred exactly one week ago ... 12 people were killed and 58 were injured with many people still hospitalized.

spokenword

What an idiot. How did this guy get famous in the first place? He isn't even funny.

hursh4ever

to all the haters... at least he's trying to make jokes about it... lets see your jokes...

DMOORE

Yeah not cool

Angela

I hate when comedians do this. Trying to be the earliest person to tell a crappy joke about a tragedy. I don't know whether to be insulted that it was so soon..or it was a shltty joke to begin with.

grneyes412

Murder isn't funny no matter how you look at it. 12 people lost their lives and 70 injured at a movie theater - a place where you should feel safe. I live in Colorado and we are all still very raw about this horrible incident.

cogboy

i wonder if cook took notice of the media attention surrounding threats to those with negative opinions of this film prior to the tragedy in aurora. the last place i would want to be is sitting in a comedy club when a fan from the other side of bat-#### crazy shows up for one of his gigs...

cook is free to kill his lame career but he should not endanger the audience while doing so. then again, if you've seen HIS act...

minny

I don't care what your profession.......there is ABSOLUTELY NO HUMOR in this situation!!! He owes the victims an apology!!!!!

james

You pile of sh$T, Who the **** do you think you are. People are still suffering from this and your using this for jokes. BOYCOTT THIS A-HOLE.

I am Spartacus

When Dane started he was unfunny (like he still is) but he wore black jeans, black beater, had black hair, was a little heavier and was getting no where because not only did his jokes suck, but he was goofy looking.

So he colors his hair, grows it out and styles it to be trendy, puts some trendy braclets on and throws on some designer jeans and trendy clothes and BOOM he's all the sudden popular with college girls. Still unfunny, but some how gains fame simply by changing his look.

It's no wonder his reputation is as an unfunny comedian. Look at the joke itself, ignore the fact that this all happened a week ago. He tries to act like he's too cool to enjoy a movie that everyone has enjoyed and has gotten great reviews so he says the movie sucks. So right away the joke is falling flat because he's trying too hard to be different but then the punchline of the joke itself is lame and unfunny.

Mayu

Insensitivity aside, Dane Cook isn't funny. plain and simple the joke was stupid even under normal cir***stances.

I am Spartacus

Dane Cook saying The Dark Knight Rises sucks. The irony coming from the star of Good Luck Chuck and Employee of the Month. They didn't even bother giving him 3 strikes. 2 crappy movies he was the lead in and that was enough for movie execs to not waste their time with this blowhard who dresses like he's 20 but looks like he's 45.

K Price

Wow what a great movie critic dane cook is.... I wish he was this spoken before I wasted 90 minutes of my life watching "Good Luck Chuck"

C.Marie

Absolutely disgusting. I have now lost all respect for this man. I live one block away from the theatre and have lived in Aurora my whole life, there is such a different vibe here right now and our whole city is in mourning, this is completely insensitive and shameful. It is not a joking matter one of my student's mother was killed that night. May their souls rest in peace. I will never give a dime of my money to benefit Dan Cook ever again.

M Joseph

1. This is not funny and for what a few $$$ 2. The audiance members that laughed are just as disgusting.

K Price

I wish he would have given me a spoiler alert about "Good Luck Chuck" before I wasted 90 minutes of my life. Your Not Funny