Dane Cook Cracks Jokes

About 'Batman' Massacre

7/27/2012 8:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dane Cook
is using the Colorado shooting tragedy as material for his standup act.

Last night, Cook took the stage at the Laugh Factory on Sunset Blvd. and began to talk about "Dark Knight Rises."

In footage, obtained by DailyCaller.com, Cook can be heard saying ...

"So I heard that the guy came into the theater about 25 minutes into the movie ... And I don’t know if you’ve seen the movie, but the movie is pretty much a piece of crap ... yeah, spoiler alert.”

Cook continued ... “I know that if none of that would have happened, pretty sure that somebody in that theater, about 25 minutes in, realizing it was a piece of crap, was probably like ‘ugh f*cking shoot me.’”

A bunch of people in the crowd laughed ... some people groaned.

For the record, the shooting occurred exactly one week ago ... 12 people were killed and 58 were injured with many people still hospitalized.

Jen

This ****wit just wanted his name in the news.

Wow ...

Not funny. Not cool. I just do not believe such tragedies should ever be made fun of. Especially on such a public manner. The only way I would say it is ok, is to first get the signatures of all victims. When that happens, then who am I to say it is off limits. Otherwise STFU and don't make "jokes" about such horrific events.

partypoisonmcr

I've actually seen some funny colorado tragedy jokes online, just to make light of it, to ruffle feathers, just to BE as comedy tends to. I'm not offended by this so much as it makes me roll my eyes. If you're trying to be edgy, don't do it for the sake of your own name. Make it work, do it right. Also, batman f*&%ing rocked so :P

Maritza

When lives are abruptly and tragically ended, I don't think it's funny to make jokes about the situation. No matter if you're a comedian or not. Certain things should be left alone. I'm pretty sure the families and the victims don't find this amusing. Who would? This isn't funny at all.

rhbjorn

It's not insensitive, but not funny either. I'm sure 11 year olds have used that joke for days.

CitySide

I haven't heard anything but VERY good reviews about the movie, so the premise that the movie sucked shows how much he was reaching in a desperate attempt to make a joke about the tragedy. Epic FAIL on many levels, Dane Cook!

Travis Lindsay

@SIDITHERS Ok if you are indeed joking then i'm not offended I have no reason to be if you are attempting at humor and even if you're not I'm still not offended because what you said is so untrue and over the top it becomes humorous! :)

Criss

Are there actually still people who find this doofus funny?

DaveT

Gonna bite him on the ass, it's not one of these oops-too-soon jokes, kids were killed, people aren't going to find much to laugh about, and doubt most will be forgiving enough to watch his next comedy show.

Larry Smith

How insensitive can this jerk be? The Dark Knight Rises was an AWESOME movie!

Mets811

Dane Cook has never been funny, the dark night was a really good movie, and this was way too soon.

Help_need

Need Alls of ur help... plz go to here & visit this site & click inside this link so that I can eanr some money... just visit this link & click inside any of link that site http://goo.gl/EAkP6 i really expect ur help...

AnonyMouse

I found a review of Dane Cook from earlier this year (http://www.avclub.com/articles/so-apparently-dane-cooks-standup-set-was-unusually,67943/). If you read that, you won't be surprised at his new "material." He's clearly a loser, and has been for a while. Anything to get attention, huh?

MyOpinionOnly

He's not that funny and never has been but he thinks THIS kind of humor will work? There is never anything funny about a tragedy of this size and for it to be a frickin week later is just a douchey move. Dane the Douche - Always is and always will be...

Maritza

I'm pretty sure that if half the people on here who seem to be OK with this were the ones who had to make funeral arrangements they'd be singing a different tune. It's always OK if it's not you but if it is it's completely not OK.