Dane Cook Cracks Jokes

About 'Batman' Massacre

7/27/2012 8:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dane Cook
is using the Colorado shooting tragedy as material for his standup act.

Last night, Cook took the stage at the Laugh Factory on Sunset Blvd. and began to talk about "Dark Knight Rises."

In footage, obtained by DailyCaller.com, Cook can be heard saying ...

"So I heard that the guy came into the theater about 25 minutes into the movie ... And I don’t know if you’ve seen the movie, but the movie is pretty much a piece of crap ... yeah, spoiler alert.”

Cook continued ... “I know that if none of that would have happened, pretty sure that somebody in that theater, about 25 minutes in, realizing it was a piece of crap, was probably like ‘ugh f*cking shoot me.’”

A bunch of people in the crowd laughed ... some people groaned.

For the record, the shooting occurred exactly one week ago ... 12 people were killed and 58 were injured with many people still hospitalized.

Travis Lindsay

The only thing that offended me was that he said the movie was a piece of crap.. and even then he's just trying to be funny so instead of going after comedians why don't we go after the people in this world that spew pure hate and are actually trying to be hurtful and malicious instead of the people who are trying to MAKE US LAUGH! I'm not even a Dane Cook fan but I am a person that believes humor can be found in the most dark places so that we can heal and move on when terrible things like this shooting happens.

Bridget

You know one of the victims was an aspiring comedian, Caleb Medley. It was big news yesterday when doctors said he was getting sensation back to one of the sides of his body. While he fights for his life, his wife gave birth to their baby.Yes, this is very funny Dane, isn't it?

Actually quite a few REAL comedians announced they are coming here to colorado to do stand-up to raise money for the victims.

The only reason that hack is popular is because some people find him attractive. I am not one of them, but some others do for some reason. It certainly isn't because of his comedy, he isn't funny.

Dane, I hope your career becomes the disaster it is ment to be. I hope Caleb Medley gets better and becomes a HUGE success in the comedy world where he can talk about you, the has been comic, and what a :bleep: you are. And guess what Dane.... the audience will cheer.

Holly G

None of this guys jokes are funny. So really why are we surprised. If your going to do a joke it bad taste try to make it better than that. For example " I hear the new Batman moving is making a killing at the box office!" Bad taste yes funnier than his yes.

O

He deserves to be on the streets.

river rat

I wonder if this idiot would have joked if a member of his family had been involved in this tragedy. You are a complete, utter moron, Dane Cook!

Sofondacox

I get that jokes are flying around already about this. But god damn, at least be funny about it.

matt

just wait for a year and then when somebody else makes a joke about it everyone will think its hilarious

Nirad

Insensitive Jerk and he's hardly a comedian. I find him ZERO funny...Should give up comedy, he's no good at it..

LYNDA

How sad that 12 ppl lost thier lives and this is the butt of his jokes? I guess if he can't come up with his own supposed comedy material, then the next step is to use a real life horrific tragedy to try to get a laugh! he's a sick F*** and should be banned from the media, nothing funny could come out of a innocent 6 yr olds murder or any of these other innocent ppl that died!!

Sunshine Girl

We live in CO and my son and his friend went to the midnight showing of Batman at a Century 16. I didn't think anything of it until I woke up the next morning and my brother in AZ (his uncle) called me and told me about the shooting. I turned on the news and was in disbelief. I tried calling him and his roommate but no one answered. My son finally called me at 2pm and told me they were ok and were at another theater and not that one. Goodness! I wish he would of thought to call me sooner so we all weren't freaking out. A horrible thought that kept going through my mind was how long it would take them to ID people and notify families. That is a feeling I never wish on anyone! Prayers to all those that died, were injured, and their families and loved ones. It was such a tragic thing and nothing to joke about. On a sweeter note, the amazing Neil Diamond performed in CO last night and donated EVERY PENNY of the merchandise sales to the victims of the shooting. He even had ushers going around and collecting money for them if someone wanted to donate. People were very generous, giving, and kind. He is a real class act unlike Cook.

John

Hey James Holmes,
we have an insensitive b***th who wants/needs to be shot.
Mr Blender
(Linkalos23)

Debbie

I would say his career is crappy. He is a has been and is not funny at all. He is a total loser for saying all that. Tables would be turned if that was someone in his family that was shot at the movie in Colorado. I hope your career falls on hard times and then we will have the last laugh.

MsSuburbia

There is nothing he could ever say to redeem himself, in my opinion. Reading that quote just made my stomach hurt. What a soulless POS he is.

Joi

This guy is an A88hole and not even remotely funny. I can't believe he's still able to find work. What a douche!

Kingfish

Dane cook is and always has been about as funny as cancer. his fifteen minutes of fame was pretty painful, the movies, that hideous HBO show. Thank god he is gone.