Dane Cook Cracks Jokes

About 'Batman' Massacre

7/27/2012 8:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dane Cook
is using the Colorado shooting tragedy as material for his standup act.

Last night, Cook took the stage at the Laugh Factory on Sunset Blvd. and began to talk about "Dark Knight Rises."

In footage, obtained by DailyCaller.com, Cook can be heard saying ...

"So I heard that the guy came into the theater about 25 minutes into the movie ... And I don’t know if you’ve seen the movie, but the movie is pretty much a piece of crap ... yeah, spoiler alert.”

Cook continued ... “I know that if none of that would have happened, pretty sure that somebody in that theater, about 25 minutes in, realizing it was a piece of crap, was probably like ‘ugh f*cking shoot me.’”

A bunch of people in the crowd laughed ... some people groaned.

For the record, the shooting occurred exactly one week ago ... 12 people were killed and 58 were injured with many people still hospitalized.

WhatTheWhat

This boy (not a man) is only trying to stay in the news. Dane your 15 minutes are over... Time to move on!

truthiness

He is not funny.

Never has been, never will be.

Too bad he wasn't in the theater in Aurora that evening...

Lilo

Dane Cook has and never will be funny. He is a good storyteller, but he is not funny.

Babydoll0630

Come here to Aurora and try to crack that joke.......ppl won't just be booing you.

Brian

I think you need to add more options to the poll.
i don't find the joke to be too offensive, but since the only other choice is "Hilarious" (something I would NEVER use in the same sentence as 'Dane Cook') I opted not to vote.

IceGypsy

For comedians, timing is everything. They make jokes about 911 now, but I'm sure no one did a week after it happened. When the victims are still in hospital, and plans for funerals are still going on, it's prob not a good idea to make light of it.

madworld

LOL, u Wank yanks dont mind lettin loonies buy guns but, tell a joke and then its, "how dare he"

LDB

Too soon...

anonymous

I can't stand this sorry, lame, not even close to funny, jerkoff. He is so lame. Go away lamo!

Jorbear

Who is this guy???

TONYA

NEVER LIKED HIM AND NOW EVEN MORE REASON TO HATE HIM

Walking Paradox

If it was one of my friends, I would maybe chuckle but it's Dane Cook, he's a f u c k i n g awful comedian.

Kitten

I know of at least 58 people who wouldn't find that wannabe comics crap funny at all... Joke or not, that was f'ed up imo.

trish Bowers

Bad taste...not a bad guy...

Marquis De Suave

Shouldn't he be talking about chainsaw f%#$ing some skank he met at the Ha-Ha Hole?