Katherine Jackson

I'll SHARE Guardianship with TJ

7/27/2012 9:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0727_katherine_jackson_tj_jackson_article
Katherine Jackson says she's had a change of heart ... and is now ready to SPLIT guardianship of MJ's 3 children with her grandson TJ.

Katherine's attorney, Perry Sanders, tells TMZ ... TJ and Katherine  will file a request for JOINT GUARDIANSHIP with the court early next week ... and they expect it will be approved.

Perry tells us, "That pleading will essentially now legally reflect how Mrs. Jackson and TJ have often shared  responsibilities of raising the children since Michael Jackson's tragic passing."

Katherine's lawyer says the new arrangement "reflected the wishes of [Michael Jackson's] children" ... Paris, Prince and Blanket.

If the court grants the joint request, Katherine's lawyer says TJ will be able to assume a lot of the day-to-day responsibilities that have been stressing Katherine out ... including management of household personnel and security.

"It will also make clear for school personnel and anyone else coming into contact with the children that TJ is authorized to act on their behalf," Perry tells TMZ.

"Mrs. Jackson will then be freed up to focus on the more personal everyday decision making related to the lives and activities of the children."

Katherine's lawyer says the agreement would still empower Katherine to CONTROL THE FAMILY'S ALLOWANCE ... which is $70k per month.

The arrangement also seems to make TJ a shoo-in to become the SOLE guardian of the children if Katherine dies while they are still minors.

Katherine's lawyer concludes, "Mrs. Jackson is extremely pleased with the prospect of enjoying the pleasure of raising Michael's children without the day-to-day tedium of items such as managing the large staff that goes with such a high profile family and focus her attention on being a grandmother and raising Michael's children."

Perry tells us ... TJ will file a petition to become the sole permanent guardian later today ... but that's just a formality because of a court imposed deadline. The joint petition will TRUMP that filing.

update_bar
10:50AM PT  TJ just filed his petition for permanent guardianship ... and TMZ obtained a copy.

0727_petition_subasset

pam

That is plan unbelievable !! LOL ...she wants TJ to do the grunt work, which is all good ; in fact it is what a 'parent' does, but! why would someone who can not manage to tell a judge where she has been, why or how and not to mention the secrecy about it still be allowed to handle the money, no , any Judge would require a hearing in which a court appointed Doctor declare her competent to handle the money. Why not make that at least a joint venture , this way the court could make sure the money went or goes where it should.Also, the 'kids' should have no problem with this and if they do, I do not want to sound mean, but to bad they are underage and they should not be able to tell how the money is spent.A underage child does not tell the parents in any family how to spend the money, although this is different; think about it. It is not there money, it was there fathers.

ManiacalZebra

"I'll agree to anything that will allow me to keep the money."

Joao

money-money-money-money, MONEY!!!

xiam007

money, money, money ... all about the money

Northerngirl41

Well I think that is a great idea so far. What happens when Prince turns 18?

Oh well

Well this shows me TJ is no better then the rest of them.

nh

Well, I guess this is the best we could hope for: TJ will be the level head and protector, Katherine will be the pushover holding the purse strings and doling out the money to her parasite kids as she has always done. It shows where everybody's priorities are. I hope he takes names and keeps notes, because I see trouble in the future and he'll have to attempt a hostile takeover to keep the leeches at bay. I think he's a good guy. At least I hope he is.

I couldn't figure out why Janet would embroil herself in this mess when she has her own money, but I saw it pointed out elsewhere that she would soon be the only Jackson with money of herown and they'd all come to her for their support if it didn't come from the estate. Could be...

Cherie

The ONLY reason she's willing to SHARE custody NOW is because she knows she will lose out on all that money!!!! P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C!!!

carmen

If TJ is doing the dirty work, then he would have to get half, $35,000.00 from her 70. Only fair.

cherokeesky34

SOMEONE with some SENSE needs to go get Power of Attorney AND guardianship over Katherine and do it NOW!. Regardless of MJ's money or allowances to her, that woman has her own money somewhere, and she's 82. Her mind might be fine, or it might not be. We don't know... but I hold my breath every time I pull up TMZ because I'm scared that some of those leeches are going to have started or filed papers to have her declared incompetent either physically or mentally... and with Power of Attorney.. that means they are in charge of all monies that go to her... which includes the kids allowances... again, someone with some sense needs to step in RIGHT NOW and lock this up so the greedy ones can't get hold of Katherine and/or her money/allowances

Lindsay Lohan Fan Forever

Seems a reasonable outcome for her. She is over 80 years old

ed

I suspect Katherine Jackson's health may not be well and with this maneuver if something should happen to her it will have already been determined who will look after the children.

Secondly the monthly allowance will remain in the control of Katherine Jackson or don't y'all read.

This is the smartest move I have seen made during this whole ordeal besides obviously MJ's children have to agree and it seems to me that they do.

Wellington

I think an arrangement like that will only cause more chaos, fighting an trouble. Katherine should just give up guardianship and enjoy her grandchildren as a grandmother.

oink

Joint Guardmanship, TJ will do all the work running the house and Katherine will still get the MONEY $70,000, yeah, keep that money so she can sent it to the leeches.

carriesd