Katherine Jackson & MJ's Kids

Show Up for 'Unity' Tour

Despite Family Brawl

7/28/2012 11:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0728_kathering_jackson_tmz_videoDespite a public family showdown, Katherine Jackson and Michael Jackson's three kids all showed up at the Jackson Brothers' "Unity Tour" ... even though one of the members, Jermaine Jackson, is actively trying to overthrow the MJ estate.

TMZ obtained footage of Katherine arriving at the concert in Saratoga, CA last night (to a small round of applause from the crowd) where Marlon, Tito, Jackie and Jermaine are continuing their tour, despite the current family rift.

0728_jackson_tour_tmz
Katherine wasn't there alone ... Prince, Paris and Blanket tagged along with their grams -- who just last week was reported missing after spending a week in Arizona with other members of the Jackson clan.

During the concert, Jermaine -- who is on opposite sides of the feud than his band mate brothers -- played a whole set by himself ... singing several songs as a solo act.

We're told MJ's kids, who were watching from the crowd, didn't appear to be having that much fun.

Awkwaaaaaard.

hmm

let's be honest- if not tj then who? dont say diana ross obviously she doesnt want it. So other then being a ward of the state- which might make them more emotionally messed up- where can they go sadly fact remains they will end with around the jacksons for at least 2.5 more years. the two oldest seem sharp so far. I wonder how 'blanket' is really doing and what is going on in his head. TJ is the lessor of two evils but not a great option. Maybe if the judge gives it to him they will also crack down on the allowance in the amount and the accountability of every penny of it. AND i hope the kids dont get manipulated again in the next few years to open doors to randy adn jermaine- i hope no amount of sweet talk will work and they know not to trust them.

Melanie

I truly feel badly for PP&B, as I think for their long term best interests a guardian who is not related to the Jackson's should be appointed. The same insidiously toxic dynamics that played out over the course of Michael's formative years are still there. Katherine is subtly invalidating of children's emotional experiences by asserting it was "stupid" to be worried when they hadn't be able to speak with her in more than a week and was reported to have had a "mini-stroke" by her children. Actually it was normal and healthy to become alarmed and try to do something to find her. She enables her husband's and adult children's maladaptive/unethical/irresponsible/selfish and now illegal behavior (interfering with the kids contact with their guardian is child abuse).

Betty

Katherine Jackson's actions by forcing those kids to attend that concert, simply prove once and for all why she needs to be removed as guardian of them. She was an enabler when Joe Jackson was beating MJ and she is an enabler now that they are in danger from Janet, Jermaine and, especially RANDY. It is frightening to think she took them around them at all. I hope the judge puts a stop to contact with the parasites.

Susan62509

Michael's children saw the Un-unity concert last week. Now the Jackson family will put on a PR image that will leave us breathless. Brace yourself.

Psychic Whiteowl

My feeling is that Katherine is trying to do some damage control and reunite the family. Family means everything to her. BUT...I think this was a little soon and must have been awkward for the family members (especially MJ's children).

SallyChi

Hmmm....didn't Prince Michael (I hate that name!) say that MJ told him about certain people in his family, to be suspicious of them....if the kids didn't look happy, it's because they don't like the brothers. Period. MJ already turned the kids against them.

I'm glad the brothers are performing -- and making their own money!

Susan62509

TJ's job as temp. guardian is to try and keep those kids out of the limelight just as Michael wanted. This is why I disagree with a joint guardianship. Katherine will overrule everything TJ says. Move Katherine to Hayvenhurst since she didn't want to sell it and keep the kids and TJ in the Calabasa house. All living under the same roof will destroy TJ's power of raising the kids.

LCS27

All the feud was a farse for promoting the tour. Sad how these "people" are...they're always doing it

Luz

I'm glad for them! It's good for the kids to be reunited with Grandma, and the Jackson brothers are finally moving on. I wish them success in their tour. I hope everything works out for everyone!

jl

Weird ass family!

Lola

I think they are only mad at one brother, Jermaine, and the rest are behaving okay at this point. In fact, I think those three brothers are mad at the rest of the siblings for holding Mama incommunicado. I question the wisdom of dragging Katherine and the kids out for this public display, but I can see why they wanted to do it. I don't know if the kids wanted to go or not. No real harm is done, because the public already knows what's going on in the family, since it's all been made public this week.

Now the judge told TJ to file for permanent guardianship yesterday, and he did. I don't know if the judge approved it, or just asked him to file. I think the judge will question the wisdom of this 50/50 split guardianship, but will come up with some solution where Katherine's pride is preserved and her place in the family with the children is kept the same. The children do regard her with love and affection, and I'm sure she returns that. Doesn't matter whether or not they are biological or adopted. They were Michael's, he loved them, she loved Michael, and she's known these children since they were babies. In her heard, I imagine she hopes she can find a way to love all her children and grandchildren without slighting any of them, but these old men need to cooperate and stop putting so much pressure on her. The law will never let them get their hands on this money, so they need to move on.

HumanNature

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE COURT APPOINTED INVESTIGATOR SHOW UP "UNANNOUNCED" AT THE CHILDREN SCHOOL!!!!

TELL THE "TRUTH" MJ3

YOU ARE IN "CONTROL"!!!!!!

nita

These poor kids.....shut the hell up I bet you go hungry before these kids! They have chefs, drivers, accountants, maids..what you dumb bitche$ have

Susan

Damage control. Bet the farm that the kids were dragged to the concert

Cheryl

It's obvious by TJ's absence that this was a set up from the beginning. He is in on it and should be out as temporary guardian. These kids would be better off with a state appointed guardian. One that will not let them in the public for PR or work until they are 18.