Artie Lange

Suspended by DirecTV

for Pissing Incident

7/30/2012 4:10 PM PDT UPDATED: 7/31/2012 8:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0730_artie_lange_tmzMt. Artie Lange finally erupted -- the former "Howard Stern Show" comedian has been suspended from his new radio gig for pissing on the studio floor ... and demanding 2 PAs clean it up.

Artie just tweeted "Direct Tv has suspended me from the N&A show for the next 2 nights. They won't tell me fully why. Can't continue w them. Sorry guys. Luv u."

0730_artie_lange_twitter

Odd that Artie claims to not know why he was benched. Sources connected to the "Nick and Artie Show" tell TMZ the suspension came down because Artie urinated on the studio floor -- while on the air Friday.

As if that wasn't enough, he asked "Twinsanity" ... the show's 2 female PAs to clean it up. When they refused, some other poor schmuck got stuck with cleanup duty (below).

0730_artie_pissWe're told when Artie was informed of the 2 day suspension -- he threatened to leave the show for good.

Artie also tweeted ... "Direct Tv are good ppl. I apologize to them for doing an offensive show."

Our sources made it clear ... Artie has NOT been fired -- and honchos at DirecTV think he just needs a couple of days to reevaluate.

Artie's agent tells TMZ, "As Artie stated, he is sorry for the events that transpired on the show last Friday.  He is fully committed to working with DirecTV and looking forward to his return."

update_bar
4:25PM PT  Artie has deleted his 2 tweets about DirecTV and his suspension. As for why? Still waiting to hear from his reps.

Lesliez

Sorry, he's coming unglued...again. Can't go down this road with him...again. Too painful to watch. I've unfollowed him. It will be a sad day, but it's coming.

barnyardhumor

He should be fired. That said, Scott DIsick on an episode of the Kardashians, urinated all over the house which is okay I guess. Bet Kimmy would have loved to clean that up!!

Christian

just cancelled my directv and got ATT Uverse....if you are too damn scared to make someone clean up their own piss and don't have the balls to fire him, i don't want anything to do with you...buh bye

EastCoastChopper

Memo to Artie:

1. Cocaine is addictive
2. This is not Howard Stern 1985

end memo

kjm

Looks like someone might be on HEROIN again!!

SusanCoyote

Every time I see his picture, I expect to see his obituary after it. Not trying to be mean, I just think he needs help and is in big trouble.

Allen Ridak

On second thought, I wish I were the one cleaning this up! Have always fantasized about an overweight man relieving himself on or near me, as strange as that sounds.

Sabrina

This guy needs major help. It's about time he realizes he has people-- namely his family-- who love him and want him to survive.

buxxy

Big fat slob. No talent.

dd

Fat and Nasty.

Ratings Needed

WHO actually listens to this slob? What a waste! He's gross.

Lois

THIS IS WHY NEWCOMERS should be given a chance #THELOLOSHOW TA-TA'S & HA HA'S

Caleigh

Wondering why he didn't return to Howard Sterns show, maybe he is still using???? Sober people don't piss on floors.

Michelle

What an idiot. Always sabotaging his career. Baby Gorilla needs to fade into obscurity.

Philip

Why did they make Fred Armisen clean it up?