« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

USA Crushes World

Easily Wins Gold

in Women's Gymnastics

7/31/2012 11:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0731_women_gymnastic_team_article_getty
Not to gloat, but ... THE USA IS BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE ON THE PLANET IN WOMEN'S GYMNASTICS!!!!

The U.S. women's gymnastics team didn't just win GOLD in the team competition ... they CRUSHED the competition ... slaughtering Russia by a whole 5 points.

Just to compare, China beat the US back in 2008 by 2ish points ... in what was then considered to be a pretty dominant performance. So, 5 points is HUUUUUGE.

It's a big deal ... the team -- made up of Jordyn Wieber, Gabrielle Douglas, Alexandra Raisman, Kyla Ross, and McKayla Maroney -- was favored to win ... and they didn't disappoint, scoring 183.596 today. Russia came in at 178.5 (suck it).

Romania won bronze.

The last gold medal was won at the Atlanta Games in 1996 -- with the team of Amanda Borden, Amy Chow, Dominique Dawes, Shannon Miller, Dominique Moceanu, Jaycie Phelps ... and of course ... Olympic hero Kerri Strug.

It's a beautiful day for America. Now excuse us while we set off some fireworks, wrap ourselves in the Declaration of Independence, and drive our Chevy into the sunset.

0731_gymnast_winning_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

hardcore_flower

Nothing showcases child molestation better than women's gymnastics.

Jules

WHY are you guys spoiling it for everyone??!!!!!!! You know damn well that this doesn't air until tonite and that some people would rather NOT know the outcome ahead of time???? At least post a "spoiler alert" although now it's too late. Posting that result was a total douche bag move.

AreUCrazy

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I guess I can delete my DVR now.
WHY WHY WHY TMZ

Fluffs McKenzie

I can't believe you spoiled it TMZ, I was going to DVR it so that I could watch it this weekend :(

/sarcasm

Bird

They look like ghostbusters in those outfits..

nORRis8

Looks like this report has spoiled some people who wanted to watch it tonite.

Boo hoo.
TMZ...stick to what you know best....reporting on who Kim Kardasian is giving skull to and the size of her ass.

Tom

Congrats. just dont tell them to lookup the 1996 team so they can see their future. do you want fries with that?

paul

Are you kidding me??? Why wouldn't you have a spoiler alert???? I've been avoiding to sports websites to watch this evening. Signing off...

Wanted to watch!

Really...no spoiler alert and to have it as a main segment at the top of the homepage. pretty ridiculous and lack of common courtesy of your viewers/readers.

Idiotsallofya

F*cking seriously? SPOILER ALERT YOU RENOBS!!!! I have stayed off of espn.com since the start of the Olympics, I thought TMZ would be safe!! YOU ARE NOT A NEWS SOURCE, STOP REPORTING SPORTS!!! You are ruining it for us!!!!! STOP!!!!!!

AreUCrazy

Call TMZ at 888 847 9869
and tell them what you think of them posting this

adelle

Congrats to team USA! I can't feel the same pride as others since I'm not American, but a Congrats is in order either way! :)

mikeman

hey thanks for the heads up on the spoiler alert there asshats. place is heading downhill way too fast.

Larry

GOD DAMN IT TMZ!!!!!!!! Some of us would like to see this when it is aired...THANKS FOR SPOILING IT!!!!!

DaveT

Now I know how my dad and uncle felt in the 80s when they set the VCR to record the 49ers Super Bowl and then watch it together later....and I walked in on the middle of the game and repeated what I heard at school....."Niners won!!!!!"