« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

USA Crushes World

Easily Wins Gold

in Women's Gymnastics

7/31/2012 11:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0731_women_gymnastic_team_article_getty
Not to gloat, but ... THE USA IS BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE ON THE PLANET IN WOMEN'S GYMNASTICS!!!!

The U.S. women's gymnastics team didn't just win GOLD in the team competition ... they CRUSHED the competition ... slaughtering Russia by a whole 5 points.

Just to compare, China beat the US back in 2008 by 2ish points ... in what was then considered to be a pretty dominant performance. So, 5 points is HUUUUUGE.

It's a big deal ... the team -- made up of Jordyn Wieber, Gabrielle Douglas, Alexandra Raisman, Kyla Ross, and McKayla Maroney -- was favored to win ... and they didn't disappoint, scoring 183.596 today. Russia came in at 178.5 (suck it).

Romania won bronze.

The last gold medal was won at the Atlanta Games in 1996 -- with the team of Amanda Borden, Amy Chow, Dominique Dawes, Shannon Miller, Dominique Moceanu, Jaycie Phelps ... and of course ... Olympic hero Kerri Strug.

It's a beautiful day for America. Now excuse us while we set off some fireworks, wrap ourselves in the Declaration of Independence, and drive our Chevy into the sunset.

0731_gymnast_winning_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

gamepro

USA IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD!!

tenley

F*CK YOU TMZ. LIKE TMZ EVER GAVE A **** BEFORE ABOUT REPORTING SPORTS NEWS -- THERE WAS NO WAY TO GUESS YOU'D F*CKING HAVE SPOILERS POSTED, A**WIPES.

mahighley

Why would you post this? Don't you realize it hasn't been shown on television yet? Thanks for ruining the moment for the rest of us

DaveT

It was a spoiler but it'll still be cool to watch it later, looks like they made some pretty amazing leaps and twists, Olympics are pretty awesome stuff.

Jonesy

Another example of why the rest of the world hates the USA...articles like this. I realize it's a TMZ website and not CNN but like somebody else commented, a little humility goes a long way. Congrats to the medal winners.

Jay

Would have been nice to have spoiler alert TMZ all the news stations do that. I have been staying away from the news, sports website sites to not find out info about the Olympics. I wasn’t expecting a website that features stories on Kim K's growing a** or Lindsay Lohan’s drug exploits to report on this but I stand corrected. Guess I have to add TMZ to my list of sites to not visit during Olympics. Now I am not going to know if Michael Lohan gets another drunken former reality star pregnant or if Kim and Kayne venture out wearing matching outfits, damn!

Anyways: Go team USA!

dk

just to make it clear.... AMERICA in not the name of a country! is the name of a whole continent...

Lola

You'd have to be just about blind and deaf to avoid knowing that the USA women's team won gymnastics. It's a real big deal in the sports world, and a source of national pride. Personally, I don't see the point of trying to hide the facts from yourself so you can watch the show later. I'll enjoy watching it, maybe even more, knowing they win. It doesn't spoil it for me. I also know it was available to view live streaming on the Internet, so some people, including in my family, have already watched it. I'll agree TMZ is a sucky site with no morals, no character, not much writing skill or education apparently, but I don't blame them for wanting to share the joy about this win. Worse is when they laugh in derision when a noteworthy Christian or Republican dies.

big'un

Way to go USA you rock

Bob22

I like Kyla Ross's ears. They would be very useful to hang onto while I'm banging her.

Aussie

Not to gloat ..... but Micelle Jenneke is hotter than any other track athlete out there.

South Beach

Congrats ladies! So proud and happy for you all! USA!

esleenda

Is it just me or do the little girls looked like they just walked out of a botox clinic????? Must not be a"banned substance"!!!!

Lori Gerten

So mad that you guys totally dropped this ball and told the world who got gold. CELEBRITY GOSSIP. Not sports. Whatevs.

Jessica

UGG! Are you serious, maybe some warnings/ spoiler alerts would of been nice!!