« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Phelps

Wins 19th Olympic Medal

MOST MEDALS EVER!!!

7/31/2012 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0731_phelps_medalsMichael Phelps has officially won more Olympic medals than ANY OLYMPIAN IN HISTORY -- winning his 19TH MEDAL moments ago during the 4x200m relay.

Phelps and his team -- Ryan Lochte, Ricky Berens, and Conor Dwyer -- picked up gold for the United States, with Phelps beating out France in the final stretch by almost a body length. China took bronze.

0731_phelps_03
Phelps won his 18th earlier today -- a silver -- during the 200m butterfly.

In addition to the all-time Olympic medal record, Phelps also holds the all-time record for most gold Olympic medals (15), and the record for most gold medals in individual events (9).

The previous all-time Olympic medal count was held by Soviet gymnast Larisa Latynina, who won 18 total medals over 3 Olympics.

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jennimoore12

suzannejc

You suck for not saying spoiler alert. Thanks for ruining it for many of us!

suzannejc

You suck for not saying spoiler alert. Thanks for ruining it for many of us!

ProudCanuck

I find it extremely disrespectful that the media is reporting on this, admitably, historic achievement as if he did it on his own. The lead the TEAM had was actually attained by the first three swimmers and Phelps actually lost a second of that lead during his leg. Please remember to recognize all components of the win when reporting on this historic event. I wonder how embarrassed Phelps is about the media's tunnel vision of the accomplishments that are actually team-driven. I also find that most of the pics of the US athletes that have won bronze, or even silver for that matter, look like they are almost nauseous at the thought of anything but gold. But that's the US mentality partially driven by the media. It's pretty sad if you ask me.

Karen

So now TMZ is celebrating Michael. A few days after calling him a loser. Fair weather.

cat

24 hours ago you guys called him a "LOSER". Hmmmmm.

Swann

Ahhh....how quick you are back on the band wagon TMZ!! Shame on you!

Congratulations to Mr. Phelps for remaining the champion he is!

gill

Can you give a SPOILER ALERT first??You've ruined the night of watching the Olympics for me!

Holly

I come to TMZ to get some dirt on celebrities, NOT to get Olympics results. You keep spoiling my evenings by posting results in the middle of the day!! Now I can't come here until after midnight so I'm sure not to have my evening ruined by knowing the results in advance.

kalilaA

Who's the loser now TMZ? Huh? Huh? I can't hear you........

amoebagirl

Dear TMZ, I go to your site for nonsense celebrity gossip; for example, I found your article on Vanessa Bryant blowing through Kobe's money the second she landed in London especially riveting. Please be kind and do post Olympics spoilers BEFORE they air on tv.....thanks a lot jerks!

MrHarrybawls2010

Michael Phelps can suck a fart out of my azz. The guy is on steroids.

paisley

What about that Loser caption you posted on him? An apology in order?

hnh3005

Good For Hero

ITS - DIENTUCAOCAP.COM.VN, Khoa Van tay, Khoa Dien Tu, May Cham Cong, Dientucaocap.com.vn

Cynic