James Holmes Survivor

'Batman' Shooter Deserves

SLOW, PAINFUL DEATH

8/1/2012 8:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0731_carli_richards_02_wm
"Batman" shooter James Holmes doesn't just deserve the death penalty ... he deserves the worst, most painful death possible -- so says one of the survivors of the massacre.

22-year-old Carli Richards -- whom Holmes shot in the back with a shotgun -- tells TMZ, "I think death by firing squad would be totally justified ... Just injecting him is painless."

She says, "I had enough needles in me that night to know that a needle isn't that bad. I want him to see what it feels like ... I wish someone would shoot him and let him bleed out."

She adds, "He shot me with stuff they use to shoot birds and deer. I want him to feel what it's like to feel that helpless."

Thankfully, Carli and her boyfriend made it to safety before Holmes could kill them -- but Carli says she's still in a lot of pain, and can't go back to work yet with her current injuries.

Carli is the second person affected by the massacre to call for Holmes' death. TMZ broke the story yesterday, the brother of a woman killed in the shooting also demanded the death penalty.

It's worth noting because prosecutors have said they will only consider pursuing the death penalty with support from the victims' families.

Holmes was charged Monday with 142 crimes stemming from the Colorado shooting -- including 24 1st degree murder counts, and 116 counts of attempted murder.

If he's found guilty of 1st degree murder, he faces the death penalty by lethal injection.

Vee

I thought you posted the first to state he should get the death penalty as a brother of a victim, no?

Donuts Wentnuts

"TMZ broke the story yesterday, the husband of a woman killed in the shooting also demanded the death penalty."

And the story you link to is about the brother of a victim speaking up, no mentioning of a husband in that article. You don't know what your own "breaking news" is/was, TMZ?

Truth

WHY IS THIS AD NAUSEUM ON TMZ, A SUPPOSEDLY ENTERTAINMENT SITE?? CNN A ND EVERYONE ELSE ALREADY HAS THIS SH*T COVERED TO THE MAX. SLOW NEWS MONTH TMZ??? I'D SAY SO WITH ALL THE GARBAGE F-LISTED DESPERATE CELEB SH*T OVER THE LAST 2 WEEKS. DAAAAMMMN! #TRUTH!!

Truth

WHY IS THIS AD NAUSEUM ON TMZ, A SUPPOSEDLY ENTERTAINMENT SITE?? CNN AND EVERYONE ELSE ALREADY HAS THIS SH*T COVERED TO THE MAX. SLOW NEWS MONTH TMZ??? I'D SAY SO WITH ALL THE GARBAGE F-LISTED DESPERATE REALITY CELEB SH*T OVER THE LAST 2 WEEKS. STOP TRYING TO BE PRETEND NEWS JOURNALISM HERE... DAAAAMMMN! #TRUTH!!

CriticXtreme

States are starving for cash and right now he's the state of Colorado's meal ticket. If you truly wanted him to die a slow painful death, someone in the theatre should have been arm and given him a double tap to the neck and head.

HMichaelH

The more victims involved, the higher the probability that there are going to be the "Bleeding Heart Liberals" who will oppose the Death Penalty. The Prosecutor should make a decision on the penalty based on the facts of the case.....not the wishes of those victimized by this crime. If she can't do that, she shouldn't be the Prosecutor!

ManiacalZebra

A firing squad is actually considered an honorable death in the military, while hanging is not. Still, a firing squad usually hits their targets so they don't suffer much. Prison justice is the only way for him to get the death he truly deserves.

Jeff Portlance

The real injustic is that the taxpayers will be paying $50-100k a year for the next 20 years or lifetime to care for this loser. He not only killed people but he he will now be committing another crime. Once convicted he needs to be killed. I think firing squad starting at the feet then moving up. He needs to feel the pain before the bullets hit his head.

jessica kaur

really an nice and usefull post for me. it so attractive and dashing pic.. for know about latest gadget log on to www.infocona.com

Bridget

This just makes me think that it is too bad that prosecuters have to decided so quickly whether or not to persue the death penalty. Obviously the victims and the familys opinions matter most here. But this just happened to them, so I doubt they have even mentally sorted through what happened yet. And ofcource they want blood right now, who wouldn't. It is just to bad that the prosecuters can't wait to ask what they think until they have had time to sort things out in their head. Some of them may want him dead now. But who knows what they will want a few months from now when the shock of the whole thing has eased a bit.

I'm personally against the death penalty. But I wasn't the one this guy shot either. So my opinion is irrelevent at the end of the day. I just think that possibly they haven't had the time to consider everything. Like this :bleep: has a family too that, as far as we know, had nothing to do with him getting like this. And especially the extra mental toll it may take on them as victims. But like I said, it is their opinion that matters. I just wish they had more time to think about what they want to happen, that's all.

BTW All the Coloradans on the site, remember it is "WE BELIEVE IN COLORADO DAY" Wear your red, white, blue or gold to show Colorado pride and unity. :)

laffnbear

She is alive. Why woulg she think a person's death would "fix" her?

Dan

I am going to have to disagree with her. A firing squad is no more painful then lethal injection. A quick bullet to the heart and he will never feel a thing.

A more appropriate death would be to dig a 20 ft deep pit. Strip him naked and coat him in honey, throw him in the pit. Then throw in 2 wolverines that are high on PCP, a Wolf that hasn't been fed in 2 weeks, and a pair of Copperheads (not enough poison to kill him quickly, but enough to add some serious pain. And broadcast it on national TV so we can all enjoy watching this bastard suffer when he dies.

laffnbear

dOES NO ONE UNDERSTAND THE CORROSIVENESS OF VENGEFUL,VINDICTIVENESS HAS ON THE SOUL AND SPIRIT?

brian

Not gonna happen. Sorry, trash.

Joan K

Carli, I guess the people who feel that this POS has rights should have been in your place when you and all of the innocent people where being killed and shot up. A s***bag who does this doesn't have rights anymore and this girl is going to have problems for the rest of her life. Good Luck to you girl.