James Holmes Survivor

'Batman' Shooter Deserves

SLOW, PAINFUL DEATH

8/1/2012 8:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0731_carli_richards_02_wm
"Batman" shooter James Holmes doesn't just deserve the death penalty ... he deserves the worst, most painful death possible -- so says one of the survivors of the massacre.

22-year-old Carli Richards -- whom Holmes shot in the back with a shotgun -- tells TMZ, "I think death by firing squad would be totally justified ... Just injecting him is painless."

She says, "I had enough needles in me that night to know that a needle isn't that bad. I want him to see what it feels like ... I wish someone would shoot him and let him bleed out."

She adds, "He shot me with stuff they use to shoot birds and deer. I want him to feel what it's like to feel that helpless."

Thankfully, Carli and her boyfriend made it to safety before Holmes could kill them -- but Carli says she's still in a lot of pain, and can't go back to work yet with her current injuries.

Carli is the second person affected by the massacre to call for Holmes' death. TMZ broke the story yesterday, the brother of a woman killed in the shooting also demanded the death penalty.

It's worth noting because prosecutors have said they will only consider pursuing the death penalty with support from the victims' families.

Holmes was charged Monday with 142 crimes stemming from the Colorado shooting -- including 24 1st degree murder counts, and 116 counts of attempted murder.

If he's found guilty of 1st degree murder, he faces the death penalty by lethal injection.

saicon

Death, even by firing squad, would be too quick. Throw him in the Florence SuperMax and let him rot away in perpetual solitude. Even the most hardened criminals crack in that place.

Andi

I hope all the families come forward with the same feelings. He must not be allowed to live, especially with ANY kind of benefits in prison. I am do disgusted that Joren Van Der Sloot is allowed to marry and receive mail and have some kind of life after his victims lay dead. This s*** Holmes already has a posse of crazed women ready and willing to take care of him in prison. Sick. Shouldn't be allowed at all.

Durp

Eye for an eye the American way!

Honeys Booboo

Tattooing yourself up like a frigging pea****...
this was apparently all just a hunting accident.

Bitch Pudding

This bitch is so crazy. She's all about 15 minutes of fame. She wrote some lame ass, grandiose bull**** on her blog about that night. It sickened everyone that I shared it with. She basically called everyone that was killed idiots because they didn't "fight or flee" as she calls it.

I DO agree that James Holmes should receive the death penalty and feel very sorry for the victims and their families.

However, these people who are just trying to get some sort of fame or money (ie: lawsuit) make me just as fckin sick.

GRIN REAPER

Bitch shut it! I didn't see any news about the people who survived the american bombings in Irak and Afghanistan. who the **** gave those soldiers the right to take those lifes. I hope you americans keep killing each other like this, it's ****ing hilarious.

Honeys Booboo

"Carli says she's still in a lot of pain,
and can't go back to work yet..."
Somehow I think this is all going to
work out quite well for her.

TheRodster21

If they want him to die might as well die painfully

maggie

I just cant understand why people think that death is an appropriate penalty for society's worst crimes. With the death penalty, the criminal's misery is ended immediately. Surely a real punishment would be the hellish torment of living with what you have done for the rest of your life? Death is the easy option. Why cant you death-penalty-mongers see this? Its so obvious to me!

MISSA

AGREED!

KEEGAN

Stoning is a form of capital punishment whereby a group throws stones at a person until the person dies. No individual among the group can be identified as the one who kills the subject, yet everyone involved plainly bears some degree of moral culpability.

Starr

Very good point!!

Angie

He isn't insane...he is EVIL. There is a difference. He didn't just act out and have some episode...this disgusting POS plotted and planned and destroyed...it's a waste of tax payer dollars to even feed him on a daily basis! FRY HIM NOW!!!

GRIN REAPER

My GOD that fiend, he tattooed all those things on her, oh wait the dumb bitch did those her self.

John_Dunkel

I agree he should be executed in a very painful way so it will be a horrific example what will happen to you if you go on a shooting spree and kill innocent children, teenagers and adults. I bet every murderer would think twice committing an act of violence if he knew what awaited him.