Cuba Gooding Jr.

Female Bartender

DROPS Battery Charges

8/2/2012 9:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0802_cuba_gooding_jr_tmz
Cuba Gooding Jr.
just caught a huge break after allegedly pushing a female bartender in New Orleans this week -- the bartender has decided to drop her battery charges against the actor.

TMZ broke the story ... an arrest warrant was issued for Cuba for allegedly roughing up the bartender at The Old Absinthe House on Bourbon Street early Tuesday morning when she asked him to leave.

The bartender told police Cuba had grown irate at several bar patrons for taking his photo ... and that's when she told him to take a hike.

Cuba met with police officials yesterday and the arrest warrant was revoked -- but he was issued a summons to appear in court to answer to the allegations.

Lucky for Cuba, it now looks like he'll get off scot-free -- because bar managers at The Old Absinthe have released a statement, saying the bartender involved in the dispute has decided not to press charges.

They added, "While we continue to investigate this matter internally, we are hopeful that this will put an end to the matter.”

Fat Mike

Typical woman; can't make up her mind.

Lily Daisy

Obviously, there has been some kind of offering made to the female bartender. Cuba needs to stay closer to home, with his family and have more "family" kind of fun!

nof

Next time don't bother/hassle a dude after he's finished an eighteen-hour-day of shooting and just wants a few moments to his self.

DaveT

..."female bartender"...
Her gender is irrelevant. It's no worse to shove a woman than to shove a man.
Are men expendable pieces of meat to be targeted and abused without concern from others or accountability?
While women having something as minor as...a shove...become a major issue?
Women don't belong on pedestals above men.
As far as a celebrity allegedly getting away with something....getting away with what?
A...shove? :D
Warrant for shoving?
Whole thing is ridiculous, and only exists because she's a woman, if she was a male bartender the whole thing would have been forgotten in 5 minutes.

Sonja

So others bothering him and trying to take his picture is fine, he gets mad and starts swearing at them and she kicks him out? Did she physically try to haul him out? I had a D'Angelo worker yell at me to close the door to the sandwich shop one summer, I was holding it open for my husband and young son.. my husband has one leg... I looked are her crossly and said .. I will in a minute. She stormed over and demanded I leave for not closing the door immediatly I told her to **** off and she could call the cops... she then phycally grabbed my arm, forced me out of the booth I had sat in and pushed me out the door. I stormed back in got her name and witnesses. After speaking to managers and customer relations guy she was gone. It's one thing to ask someone to leave, it's another if you try and put hands on people physically. Not saying that's what happened here, but it sounds like it's close. Especially the way she felt the need to follow him out and shout in the streets at him.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

She'll be getting laid off in a few weeks. Bar owner's don't like them type of bartenders.

Aussie

yup, was expecting this, without a cash payout ..... 2 sides to every story, and her 15 minutes of fame is over.

myopinion

She was lying the whole time...what a shame.

Straight Talkin Texan

I think he offered her a "settlement." Hey, Cuba! I could use some money. Come to Texas and give me a shove!

Who Knew

Wonder how much that cost him?

dd

She probably got 5 grand but she should never follow a customer off the premises.

Joao

Of course he paid her off. I hope she made out like a bandit. That's what he gets for being ghetto

AAAAAAAAAAb

Big-time payoff! They had enough evidence to issue an arrest warrant, all of a sudden she doesn't want to press charges?

Canadasux

Somewhere in this mess, the bar owners have to be worried about the hugely bad P.R. rap the bar will get for this mess.

R. Cortez

Everybody has a " wish I could take it back" drinking night. When you start pushing women though, its time for help, STAT. Get to Rehab Cuba , while you still have the option.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments