Katherine Jackson

Suggests She Was DUPED

Into Arizona Trip

8/2/2012 11:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0722-katherine-jackson-tmz-2
Katherine Jackson
is strongly suggesting she was tricked into traveling to Tucson last month and BLOCKED from communicating with MJ's children -- this according to a sworn declaration by Katherine herself.

Katherine filed the declaration as part of her bid to obtain co-guardianship over Prince, Paris, and Blanket.

In the docs, Katherine claims she was scheduled to go on a road trip to New Mexico to watch her sons in concert -- but on July 14th, an unnamed doctor showed up to her house and told her it was better for her to take a plane instead.

Katherine says she obliged -- believing the doctor was under the orders of her longtime physician -- but when she got off the plane ... she found herself in Tucson, where she had been set up at a luxury resort.

According to her lawyer, "Her children took her to a spa ... because she had high blood pressure."

When she got to the resort, Katherine says her phone and iPad were taken away -- and her in-room telephone was disconnected. She says her TV was also shut off.

When Katherine asked about the grandchildren, she was told "they were fine" and there was nothing to worry about. She says she did NOT know she had been reported missing and her grandkids were freaking out.

Katherine says, "At the time, I trusted the people I was with to be honest with me."

The declaration flies completely in the face of the statements Katherine previously made in an interview with ABC News, when she called her sudden absence last month a "short vacation."

During the interview, Katherine -- surrounded by Jermaine, Rebbie, and Janet -- said, "One reason I didn't call is I just gave up my phone and I didn't want to have any phone calls while I was here."

In her declaration, Katherine never specifies who sent the doctor to her house, or who accompanied her to the spa.

Violette-Blue

I guess whatever drugs they gave this woman is finally wearing off. I'm glad that Katherine is at least now figuring out how greedy her children are. I read somewhere that she has prohibited Janet, Jermaine and Randy near her house and near her granchildren. Little steps, but they mean a lot. Now she just needs to sue their asses and get her money back. Except for Janet, she's been supporting her adult children and all their children for way too many years using Michael's hard earned money. Janet! I am still in shock at what kind of monster who really are. Michael is turning over in his grave.

Lee

It is looking more and more like Michael was the normal one. I'm not all that sympathetic with Kathryn. After all she stood by while Joe abused Michael and did nothing to protect him.
She needs to be monitored very closely in her relationship with Michael's kids. Don't want them growing up to be like Randy, Rebbie and Janet. Should keep Joe away completely. He would sell the kids' teeth to make a buck.

barcham

Isn't that considered kidnapping? Why aren't the authorities filing charges?

bruce hague

TMZ, nobody cares about the Jacksons. Enough already!

writenow

CaliforniaRetired.com

Warn your parents when Hollywood stars start pitching Reverse Mortgages to run the other way. Or you'll have a reversal of fortune for sure.

tired of hearing about them

I would think she would have known she was on a plane to Arizona and not New Mexico. They do tell you where your plane is going. She sounds like she is loosing it. Maybe the kids are too much for her.

MadCharles

Who said crazy would go away with Michael dead ? This family will out do Mike being Mike.

yvonne from uk

So basically Katherine WAS kidnapped, after all the denial and the ABC news interview which was so staged it was amusing. I do feel sorry for Katherine in so much as she is an old lady who doesn't need all this and she is very easy to take advantage of obviously, but i still can't get my head round the fact she left with a doctor she didn't know without speaking to PPB, was taken to a different location than planned, had no contact with outside world and at no point alerted someone else as to what was happening, this confuses me completely. Her statement " I trusted the people i was with to be honest with me" seems a strange way to speak about your sons and daughters. TJ should in my mind have full guardianship now leaving Katherine to just enjoy being a grandmother and if she was forced against her will as she states it's time the Police were involved.

Nicoleasm

Star Jones and Gladys knight can obviously shut their mouths now. It's understandable that Paris and Prince didn't give up her phone or go anywhere with Janet and Randy that day....just because they're 14 and 15 doesn't mean they're stupid. They knew their aunt and uncles were doing something wrong and called them out on it. That's why I really think when they become adults they're going to know when to stay away from the BS their family tries to pull just like Michael did. That's why he only chose to take care of his mom and kids.

Carl

The fact that this could happen to her at all is good reason to at least split guardianship.

Best Mom

I would just love to hear Janet's response to this story!

verlinda

Why don't she say who took her to Arizona? She is really making herself look senile. I feel if TJ Jr is in charge, then so is TJ Sr, that is why he withdrew his signature. Katherine get your **** together an blow the whistle on these dead beats

Grace

It seems like maybe elder abuse charges should be investigated. She obviously is not capable of being in a guardianship position. Something is very wrong. I think she is sick and the kids went into a panic that their checks are going to be cut off completely in the near future. I hope the judge does not give her any guardianship at this time until an investigation is completed. Rand and Janet and company are just as bad at Conrad Murray and apparently don't love Katherine. Michael must be turning over in his grave.

Edam241

With that family you can't believe ANY of them.

Pimpcessa

I actually think that she thought her children loved her, and whisked her away to this resort for her wellbeing, and that's why she said what she said. I don't think that she knew what had really transpired until she got home and was truly informed of what went down. As for how she could have gone without speaking to those kids for 9 days, I think it would be very likely that one of her kids would tell her that they spoke to them every day, and that the kids just wanted her to relax and unwind, and not bother talking to them either - and that all was well. I also believe that Katherine had no idea the extent this gotten to, especially in the media, when she did that recording, although she was aware TJ was granted "temp guardianship", she also probably totally believed she could come back and everything would just revert back to normal.

Then she got home and got schooled! And I would venture to guess that she has some pretty upsetting feelings for her kids that led her astray, and lied to her. I would also suggest that maybe, after recent events, she just may be thinking that she SHOULD have TJ involved, to protect her, and the kids from her own children who are obviously capable of leading her very astray. I would think it would be hard for her to even look at her children in the face after what they did to her.