Katherine Jackson

Suggests She Was DUPED

Into Arizona Trip

8/2/2012 11:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0722-katherine-jackson-tmz-2
Katherine Jackson
is strongly suggesting she was tricked into traveling to Tucson last month and BLOCKED from communicating with MJ's children -- this according to a sworn declaration by Katherine herself.

Katherine filed the declaration as part of her bid to obtain co-guardianship over Prince, Paris, and Blanket.

In the docs, Katherine claims she was scheduled to go on a road trip to New Mexico to watch her sons in concert -- but on July 14th, an unnamed doctor showed up to her house and told her it was better for her to take a plane instead.

Katherine says she obliged -- believing the doctor was under the orders of her longtime physician -- but when she got off the plane ... she found herself in Tucson, where she had been set up at a luxury resort.

According to her lawyer, "Her children took her to a spa ... because she had high blood pressure."

When she got to the resort, Katherine says her phone and iPad were taken away -- and her in-room telephone was disconnected. She says her TV was also shut off.

When Katherine asked about the grandchildren, she was told "they were fine" and there was nothing to worry about. She says she did NOT know she had been reported missing and her grandkids were freaking out.

Katherine says, "At the time, I trusted the people I was with to be honest with me."

The declaration flies completely in the face of the statements Katherine previously made in an interview with ABC News, when she called her sudden absence last month a "short vacation."

During the interview, Katherine -- surrounded by Jermaine, Rebbie, and Janet -- said, "One reason I didn't call is I just gave up my phone and I didn't want to have any phone calls while I was here."

In her declaration, Katherine never specifies who sent the doctor to her house, or who accompanied her to the spa.

jeannie

Did she fly private or commercial plane ? Maybe they did trick her, maybe not but I know there is no way somebody could tell me "oh you're going to check in this spa and we're going to take your phone and tv. No need to check on the children under your care" without questions asked.

jeannie

She's not too upset about being duped if she went to a concert with the ones guilty of tricking her.

Cherie

I think she's going to say whatever she is going to say in order to keep custody of all that cash! Duped my arse!

Areader

The only way to get to the bottom of this is to bring them all in to the police station and question them.

If in fact Janet, Jermaine, Randy and Rebbe duped their mother Katherine with a fake doctor and had her taken against her will to a spa in Arizona where she had no contact with the outside world.

Which in fact lead to her three minor grand children being abandoned....there has to be grounds for charges being brought.

Becky

She was NOT duped she even admitted that she didn't want to talk to anyone. Why would she now lie about why she really left the children. She is to old to be the guardian the kids need someone younger & more clear headed & physically able to care for the kids.

elysummers

Sounds to me like she isn't mentally fit to take care of the kids. just my opinion, but if she can be swayed like this . . . . . .

scoopie

taking away her phone and ipad? that's what you do to your misbehaving teenager.. screwed up family

PJ

The entire family are out of their minds.

Dramazone

Katherine should have known that MJ's kids are her responsibility and she should have never let the Jackson kidnap gang talk her into not having contact with MJ's kids for any reason.

ohreally

Disgusting.. It's obvious her and Michael have the same naive spirit, and the jackson leeches have the same manipulative exploitative spirit of their father.

mylife

STOP HATING, JUST STOP IT!!!! LET THE FAMILY DEAL WITH THEIR PROBLEMS. THE OPTICAL WORD IS THEIR. NOT YOURS. THEIR MONEY NOT YOURS. THEIR FAMILY, THEIR FAMILY, THEIR FAMILY.

hmm

i wonder if the kids were lied to when she got back too . Prince said he found out how much his grandma was lied to so maybe it was the first kj heard of it all...or is kj lying to the kids too?idk.

Spencer B in MD

Katherine Jackson - She has become as shady as the rest of the Jackson family. Time for her to relinquish control to TJ. I hope that TJ has the children's best interests in mind.

Carolinaboy92

dont let that hollywood **** fool you in the movie she was very protective of her children but in reality nobody knows what went on in there house after all those years they were all telling diffrent storys of how things were michael claims he was beating joe says he never touched michael

seamus

The more I am hearing the more I think someone outside of the family should have these kids. Let Katherine visit, spoil them and do all of that grandma stuff. Get the kids far, far away from that crazy family.