Shifty Shellshock

I'm SORRY I Was a

Drugged-Out Train Wreck

8/2/2012 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0802_shifty_shellshock_tmz
Crazy Town singer Shifty Shellshock wants to apologize to everyone affected by his recent drug arrest -- telling TMZ, he's deeply sorry for the decisions that led him down that path ... and now, he's turning his life around.

A rep for Shifty -- real name Seth Binzer -- tells us, "Seth has completely changed his life around and has checked into a highly regarded drug and alcohol treatment center where he will be working with them to restructure his life over the next 2 years.”

As we reported, Shifty was sentenced yesterday to three years probation, stemming from his February drug arrest -- when cops say he roughed up his ex-GF at a Ross Dress for Less while carrying rock cocaine. Shifty was also ordered to stay away from his ex.

But Shifty's extremely remorseful over the whole incident, telling us, "I would like to sincerely apologize to the parties involved ... I feel very bad for those who I have offended and those who have endured this situation."

According to his rep, Shifty's been in drug treatment since April -- having immediately sought help following his release from an L.A. hospital where he was treated for a mysterious coma.

We're told Shifty -- known for his multiple stints on "Celebrity Rehab" -- just got off tour, and has even quit cigarettes cold turkey.

One source says, “He knows he has to make this work and has to stay sober for him to live and be there for his kids. Nobody has seen Seth in such a good place before.”

It's true ... we got Seth out last weekend and he looked great.

073112_shifty_launch_v3

Stiff

Good people die for no reason

geincolo

A name change and I might buy this load..

Kevin

He just can't say no to the booger sugar. He should wean himself off that with Bath Salts...then off bath salts with PCP. Then he is golden.

Joao

The folks in that loser's life are fed up with his apologies. He's in hot water. Don't worry bitch, the court has your back. [again]

Muppet

Saddest part of this story is this idiot has children! I pray the mother keeps them away!

CriticXtreme

You had the world by its balls and you let drugs kill it. You need to leave the past alone because your future is back on drugs and then you'll start presenting the body and nervous system movements of a squirrel just like Tom Arnold and Tom Sizemore.

Really

Good Luck Shifty! You can do this!

Elsassererica

Wow. Let me get this straight. It's Dr Drew's fault that people relapse or overdose? Hmmm...typical new age Americans. Blame any and everybody but yourselves. Also, I myself am an addict, recovering, with a couple relapses. I'm nowhere NEAR an idiot. I'm an addict. It's not a disease, it's an addiction. 2 total different things. I can also spot the people who have never experienced such a thing, cause y'all are ignorant.

Emptyjustlikeyou

" has even quit cigarettes cold turkey" Yeah, whatever.. He definitely doesn't look clean/sober at all.

Brian

Drugs are bad! Don't do drugs.

RoadRig

What a tool! Beating up on women.

It's Dave

Too many apologies from this guy over the years for it too mean anything. Dude, if you're truly sorry for doing this to your family and friends then just stop doing it. Actions are all that counts.

paulywould

Oh,C.mon,he be healthy fer sure,NO h8n..Props bro!

Deltwice

An extreme illegal drug addict and women beaters gets ...No jail?... oh thats right he's the other color. Boy I'll tell you this stupid a$$ system and the blatant biases and injustices.

Andea

Such ignorant people on this site. You obviously don't know the power of addiction. Count your blessings that you don't live with it. Addiction is a disease not a choice. Educate yourself before you post your heartlesss ignorant comments!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments