Usher's Ex-Wife

His Sympathy for

My Dead Son is 'Bogus'

8/2/2012 8:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0802_usher_tameka
Usher didn't care about his ex-wife's dead son ... blew off his funeral ... and is only PRETENDING to be affected by the tragedy to court sympathy from the media and his fans ... this according to the singer's ex-wife.

Tameka Raymond's lawyer has filed new documents in the couple's bitter child custody war ... slamming Usher ... who asked the court to delay the next hearing in light of the death of Tameka's son, Kile, who was killed in a jet ski accident.

In his request, Usher claims he's worried the hearing would cause "unnecessary stress and strain" for both himself, Tameka and their two minor children "in the immediate wake of this tragedy."

Usher also claims Tameka would get an unfair advantage in the hearing because the court would not want to rule against a woman who is still grieving the death of her son.  Usher fears he could lose custody of the children and believes it would be unfair to him.

But in docs of her own ... Tameka's lawyer claims Usher is full of crap ... insisting U's claims of suffering "stress and strain" are "BOGUS."

In fact, she claims Usher didn't care about her son at all in his final days -- even though Usher regarded him as a son back when they were married.

"[Usher] visited Kile in the hospital only once" during his 15 days on life support ... Tameka claims.

She also claims she had begged Usher to tweet a message about her son, "Please pray for Kile" ... but he refused. Instead, Tameka claims, Usher's next tweet was a photo of his own breakfast with the caption, "Breakfast of Champions."

In her docs, Tameka claims Usher's attempt to postpone the hearing is "simply a transparent sham" ... and asks the judge to DENY Usher's request and require him to appear at the next scheduled hearing, set for August 13.

She also claims resolving the custody battle is the only way for her to heal and move forward with her life.

ivy

This woman is the reason men dont want to get married today! Share custody of your child!! The only harm you are doing is to them.

SusanCoyote

Ummmm, he's your EX-husband and your son was not his!!! Some other baby daddy. Why do you try and make him feel responsible for some other ghetto pig's kid??? Stop popping out kids like it make you legit! You old whore!

Rob O

Wow, this lady is a miserable C*nt!

AlwaysOnTimeB

She JUST lost a child, and I know she is angry at the world, but she's doing exactly what she's accusing Usher of doing. She wants this custody hearing to take place now because she knows the court will have sympathy because she just lost a son. As a mother, I would still be in deep grief over losing my child. I wouldn't want to rush to court right away, not even for custody of my other two. I would need some time to regroup. I'm not her and I don't think like her and and I'm not walking in her shoes. All of that aside, I think they should have joint custody and call it a day. Stop playing tug of war with these young boys lives.

Stacy

Sounds like she's over his death as well

Supr Dav

How long before you retract this story?

Jay

"She also claims she had begged Usher to tweet a message about her son, "Please pray for Kile" "

Oh well than thats it! If he refused to tweet about the kid than that must only mean he could care less not only about the childs life but human life in general. What a psychopath!

IceGypsy

They are both disgusting!! How could you use your dead son as a crutch in a divorce case.

Dean

I never felt so sick about a person.
Where is Kiles father he should have paid for the plane and the medical bills . Now She is blaming Usher for not being by his step son . Ever thought that maybe you both can't stay at the same room without you bitching at him for not getting enough money . she should lose custody because she left her kids alone with maybe a nanny . she is a bad evil person which doesn't deserve to be around kids . She isn't grieving , didn't she actually asked for more money when Usher visit her at the hospital. She is only scared they take her money she needs for shopping . She is rude and brainless and cold

laffnbear

Let her and her kids go. Anywhere they can, but go. These public weeping sessions are needless and improper.

Heidi

She really is an ass. He got her that plane ride. He did come to the hospital. Perhaps, just perhaps he was giving her famiy SPACE? They aren't married anymore and with what she's put him through I wouldn't want to be around her either! I think he handled himself with dignity considering and the pics snapped of him "smiling" ... anyone consider (like her) that he didn't know what was going on at that exact time because he wasn't THERE???
She is vile and has proven herself a true gold digger!

Jay

Oh and yeah if my cat was on life support the last thing I would be thinking about was twitter I couldnt imagine if it was my kid!

Kristin

I'm so sick of going to these comments and reading "Who cares." "Yawn, next" "No one cares about celebrity gossip, report on something real." UM...HELLO TMZ is a celebrity news site, if you want world news go to CNN, honestly it makes you look so ignorant.

Bruno

The more I read about this woman, the less I like her.

champhf

so the biological father doesnt count unless usher has a change of heart, show up every day to the hospital and moves back in with her....the question is why wasnt the childs father not held to the same reguard as usher....where is he?