Usher's Ex-Wife

His Sympathy for

My Dead Son is 'Bogus'

8/2/2012 8:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0802_usher_tameka
Usher didn't care about his ex-wife's dead son ... blew off his funeral ... and is only PRETENDING to be affected by the tragedy to court sympathy from the media and his fans ... this according to the singer's ex-wife.

Tameka Raymond's lawyer has filed new documents in the couple's bitter child custody war ... slamming Usher ... who asked the court to delay the next hearing in light of the death of Tameka's son, Kile, who was killed in a jet ski accident.

In his request, Usher claims he's worried the hearing would cause "unnecessary stress and strain" for both himself, Tameka and their two minor children "in the immediate wake of this tragedy."

Usher also claims Tameka would get an unfair advantage in the hearing because the court would not want to rule against a woman who is still grieving the death of her son.  Usher fears he could lose custody of the children and believes it would be unfair to him.

But in docs of her own ... Tameka's lawyer claims Usher is full of crap ... insisting U's claims of suffering "stress and strain" are "BOGUS."

In fact, she claims Usher didn't care about her son at all in his final days -- even though Usher regarded him as a son back when they were married.

"[Usher] visited Kile in the hospital only once" during his 15 days on life support ... Tameka claims.

She also claims she had begged Usher to tweet a message about her son, "Please pray for Kile" ... but he refused. Instead, Tameka claims, Usher's next tweet was a photo of his own breakfast with the caption, "Breakfast of Champions."

In her docs, Tameka claims Usher's attempt to postpone the hearing is "simply a transparent sham" ... and asks the judge to DENY Usher's request and require him to appear at the next scheduled hearing, set for August 13.

She also claims resolving the custody battle is the only way for her to heal and move forward with her life.

Throwback kid

I don't know Usher, and I have never met any of these people but I felt very bad to see a young kid lose his life while out playing in the water. I can't imagine Usher not being upset about this?

cindy

Wow, an african american male not being a good dad, this is news?

texaschickeee

Tameka is the one full of crap. Usher did what he could and even said He took him in like a son. He may have not wanted to see him on life support. honestly she a b!tch and a half.

D

Wow - she's playing this? After he charted a private plane to get her to the hospital so she could be beside her son in a heartbeat? What a beeyatch!!!

YouDontSay

I guess I am confused. I thought he got her a plane and has helped. The boy was brain dead. One good bye is enough. Also delaying the court hearing I thought was a kind thoughtful gesture. As for Twitter, it along with FB facebook suck. She might be having a meltdown.

kristin

well she can't expect him to care she gives him a hard time about everything

PPC

She is such a tranny, crazy gold digger. She (or He) got plenty of money from her ex and now wants more, then in a year will ask for even more. She is an old, bitter, evil, tranny, and needs to accept the fact she is lucky to have a dollar to her name and probably would have been working on the streets if it wasn't for her ex husband.

PPC

Virtual Insanity

She is going through an unimaginable loss and I have sympathy for that loss. But, the whole "he didn't tweet" a prayer request for Kile? That sounds controlling. Maybe he realized that his tweets were very public and wanted a measure of privacy for Kile.

livia

this woman is still at it
didn't see the dead child's sperm donor dad at the funeral either

AL

Clearly this is a woman in a lot of pain. She says one of the reasons she's upset is because Usher didn't post a "tweet" about her son? Maybe he thought the boy's dignity was worth more than a tweet. I cannot imagine the grief she is experiencing but she clearly has some bitterness I hope she can rid herself of if she is to move on. Usher (or any man) is not perfect but I don't think he's as heartless as she's trying to claim.

mar

Usher is not wrong. He divorced Tameka, therefore, he is not responsible in any way for her children with another man. If he was still married to her, then I would look at it differently. I do feel horrible for Tameka, but Usher really has NOTHING to do with the situation except provide strength and love to his boys who lost a half brother. There is a father, who we have not heard much about. I personally have not gotten any public indication the Usher is using this bad situation to get more fans. I think Tameka is in a very bad place at this moment to be making such judgements against him.

myopinion

She is bitter...wow

Bruno

Maybe instead of tweeting about prayers he was actually doing it.

choppy

Tameka has always been bitter. I never thought she would let this tragedy with her child pass without dissing Usher. It's just her way.