Courtney Stodden

Teen Bride Checks Into VH1's 'Couples Therapy'

8/3/2012 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0802_courtney-stodden_doug_getty
Here's a shocker ... 17-year-old Courtney Stodden believes there are MAJOR PROBLEMS with her marriage to 52-year-old "Lost" actor Doug Hutchison ... and now she hopes they can be solved on a VH1 reality show.

TMZ has learned ... Stodden -- who married Hutchison when she was 16 -- has signed on to the upcoming season of VH1's "Couples Therapy."

Sources connected to production tell us ... the couple has acknowledged there are "obvious problems in their relationship because of their age difference and the notoriety they've gotten because of their relationship."

Courtney and Doug -- along with 4 other couples -- will receive "intense counseling" throughout the course of the show ... which began taping a few days ago.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

Single Mom

rediculous...

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

These people make me ashamed of being a member of the human race.

That's all.

Pat

As my Grandfather used to say, she looks well ridden and put away wet. She looks 40!! Her mother should be locked up for letting this happen, but she was probably hoping to ride the gravy train also.

Ashlyn

Okay, they're saying the notoriety of their relationship is ruining the relationship so the solution is to go on tv and air all your dirty laundry? Okay then. If they really wanted help, they could easily go to a therapist that is not on television. Obviously they only want the fame this show will bring. I don't watch it or plan on watching it, but I'm sure lots of people do and will. And also, the age difference is pretty nasty.

Butt Lovin Bear 401

The only notoriety they are getting is from the pictures she/they post of her in various stages of undress & in the skimpiest of bikinis. I'm certainly not complaining about that. But this smell of publicity stunt to get more attention. Basically they are pulling a "Kardashian"

SteepSlider

I want to see birth certificate. She's not 17. It takes years to learn to be that skanky looking.

And he always seems to have this smug "look at what I git, he he" pedophile facial expression.

ShoeGurlie

There is NOWAY that she is only 17! She looks WAY OLDER THEN THAT!

BSweet

There are problems in their relationship because they are both IDIOTS. Especially her. Don't her parents love her enough to protect her from herself?

JulieB

My son is 18 and my daughter is 16 so I don't know why I'm saying this, but this chick is awesome!! I love the frosted lipstick and the bleached hair. Not everyone is the same--different values, different upbringing. It's a free country, for her mom to be ok with it.,

Linda Steuer

Just another way to get in the media for the media whore and the child molester...

YoungstownGypsy

Ignore them and they will all go away.

YoungstownGypsy

Ignore them and they will all go away.

Twilightstar

I still think this girl is more like 28 than 18. She's pretty but trashy looking..... bra strap showing, sloppy.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9