Selena Gomez

BANNED from Facebook

8/5/2012 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0803_selena_gomez_main
Selena Gomez
has been banned from Facebook until further notice -- but here's the thing ... it's not the famous Selena Gomez ... it's a girl in New Mexico with the same name ... and she's PISSED.

18-year-old Selena MIRANDA Gomez tells TMZ, she tried to sign in to her Facebook account on Wednesday ... but was denied, receiving a message instead that her account had been disabled for being "inauthentic."

According to the error message, the account was disabled for violating Facebook's terms -- which state, "Impersonating anyone or anything is not allowed."

0803_selena_gomez_inpersonater
But clearly, the non-famous Selena isn't impersonating anyone -- and now she's really upset that she's been unfairly banned from her social networking profile, telling TMZ, "I AM NOT AN IMPOSTOR ... My name is not hers on my page. In fact, I even put my middle name on my FB to clear up any confusion."

She says, "I did not have one single famous friend. I did not refer to myself as [the famous Selena], and I did not have any pictures of her on my page!"

Selena says she's reached out to FB to reactivate her account -- but so far, no luck.

A rep for FB had no comment.

thehoch

She should ask her boyfriend Justin Francis Bieber to help her out.

miu

I hate FB so much... omg
Can someone please invent a new social network hype?

Malika

It's automatic and you'll get your account unbanned. Chill. Facebook has a system that checks them every so often, you can't even register a famous name... and if you're smart and know celebrities famous account you'll notice most go under fake names.

Jay W.

Facebook is "Big Brother." There watching your every move.

Meggie24

First world problem. Yawn.

LDB

FB is overrated. Along with twitter. Its a stupid fad that will lost interest just like Myspace.

Brooke

Woah. When I read this I thought the famous selena Gomez was being banned. I'm all like why? shes such a sweetheart!?!?

LunarJunk

Why can't Facebook do this to people who make p0rn accounts? Facebook reminds me too much of MySpace. It's really disgusting.

Rocco

Facebook is quickly becoming Myspace.

crema

Why does the first sentence in bullets say;
You account instead of Your account???
TMZ check it out

Seriously wtf

i hate facebook. They locked me out of my account asking for a cell number. When I put my NEW cell phone number in, they said it was already associated with another account. I gave up on it . I don't see why they locked me out with no warning what so ever. Anyway on to google plus - hopefully it will be better.

bb

This Selena even looks similar to the other Selena ...weird, man.

I luv u RPattz!

Someone on Facebook is named: Belle E Flopping Hurts I don't see Facebook banning him/her for using a fake name...unless its really their name in which case their parents must suck.

raven

FB is trying to do a lot of dumb things like account deactivation for duplicate accounts or dupe accounts. There was an article that came out that stated FB will deactivate 8 million duplicates and dupe accounts, even if you use your pet's name and it talks about your pet, it will be deactivated. And if you get your account deactivated, you can never sign up for a new one. But here is the issue, even if they deactivate your account, your information, photos etc. will not be deleted from their system, it will go into social limbo and you can't access it anymore. Maybe FB needs to die a social death. Zuckerberg is taking out his failed IPO on FB users.

As for Selena, Gomez is a generic last name and there is more than one Selena Gomez in the planet. Trust FB to screw things up.

big'un

OMG the universe is totally out of balance now

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments