Selena Gomez

BANNED from Facebook

8/5/2012 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0803_selena_gomez_main
Selena Gomez
has been banned from Facebook until further notice -- but here's the thing ... it's not the famous Selena Gomez ... it's a girl in New Mexico with the same name ... and she's PISSED.

18-year-old Selena MIRANDA Gomez tells TMZ, she tried to sign in to her Facebook account on Wednesday ... but was denied, receiving a message instead that her account had been disabled for being "inauthentic."

According to the error message, the account was disabled for violating Facebook's terms -- which state, "Impersonating anyone or anything is not allowed."

0803_selena_gomez_inpersonater
But clearly, the non-famous Selena isn't impersonating anyone -- and now she's really upset that she's been unfairly banned from her social networking profile, telling TMZ, "I AM NOT AN IMPOSTOR ... My name is not hers on my page. In fact, I even put my middle name on my FB to clear up any confusion."

She says, "I did not have one single famous friend. I did not refer to myself as [the famous Selena], and I did not have any pictures of her on my page!"

Selena says she's reached out to FB to reactivate her account -- but so far, no luck.

A rep for FB had no comment.

Carl

I know she must have given you that picture of her license, but even with the license number blocked out that still gives an identity thief a lot of information. We have her full name, her date of birth, her state of residence, and her signature. Getting the rest of her info wouldn't be that hard if someone wanted to cause trouble.

Brat

Does FB really think celebrity names are so unique no one in the world could possibly be name that? You could look at her pic a see she's not trying to impersonate anyone

S

FAKEbook blows, I cant wait till it turns into the next Myspace.

Celebrities Suck

facebook is overrated. How is this news TMZ? omg you ppl are so desperate for some news that you post any bs crap. Who cares about this no body trying to get her 5min's of fame.

Celebrities Suck

Oh and btw for all those idiots facebook user when you sign up on FB say bye bye to your privacy, and welcome to the world of big brother. Idiots!

Randomact

Do you know how many dogs and babies have facebook account? And they don't have a problem with that?

tgrfan42069

facebook is full of ****..i have been disabled many times.i would comment on news articles and someone would get mad at my opinion and report me..i get the message asking for my cell number i put it in and reactivate it but the next day it always gets banned..fb is to crazy with their ban hammers.

priceless

thank goodness her name is not Joe smith.

Adam Martinez

The same thing just happend to my brother with twitter except it was some one from Justin Bieber's camp and the guy wanted my bro's name and they was even tweeting on how it was taking care of

Tony

I think it happened because she wanted to buy likes on this web site

Lordmuffinpants

see because if you are on TV you are so much more important that anyone else. We need to protect our national treasures. Forget those folks that cure illness, land rovers on other planets ... save the tween celebrities ! They are the only thing real in this world ....

Dino

It seems that this girl was not doing anything wrong. She is paying for those dumb people who play with someone else name. Like I received an friend request from a Donna Summer person, of course it was not the Dance Diva since she past away few months ago, so I cleared up the request and now that I remember... I forgot to report that to the FB losers team!

Poopey Poopstein

Facebook sucks azz... I got banned from Facebook just for trying to log in on my phone and it locked me out because I tried to log in from an "unrecognized device". Facebook is so 2010.

moose with a J

I think this one's better looking than the popular one honestly. The popular one looks like every typical big starry eyed California Latino girl. Anorexic and full of S@#$

Nvsion2007