Selena Gomez

BANNED from Facebook

8/5/2012 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0803_selena_gomez_main
Selena Gomez
has been banned from Facebook until further notice -- but here's the thing ... it's not the famous Selena Gomez ... it's a girl in New Mexico with the same name ... and she's PISSED.

18-year-old Selena MIRANDA Gomez tells TMZ, she tried to sign in to her Facebook account on Wednesday ... but was denied, receiving a message instead that her account had been disabled for being "inauthentic."

According to the error message, the account was disabled for violating Facebook's terms -- which state, "Impersonating anyone or anything is not allowed."

0803_selena_gomez_inpersonater
But clearly, the non-famous Selena isn't impersonating anyone -- and now she's really upset that she's been unfairly banned from her social networking profile, telling TMZ, "I AM NOT AN IMPOSTOR ... My name is not hers on my page. In fact, I even put my middle name on my FB to clear up any confusion."

She says, "I did not have one single famous friend. I did not refer to myself as [the famous Selena], and I did not have any pictures of her on my page!"

Selena says she's reached out to FB to reactivate her account -- but so far, no luck.

A rep for FB had no comment.

Poor Leno

FB suck goat balls!

shahid iqbal

lolzzz... impersonating anyone....how dumb r my fb ownerz... they damn think that if selena gomez is a celebrity so she'll b the only lady with this name... no one else can b with this name.....

Eli Marcus

Really TMZ? Another celebrity needs to die or have a sex tape so you guys can produce some quality gossip or news.. What kinda news is this!

Alyssa

It's sad how many people this happens to.
I guess Facebook doesn't understand people CAN have been named the same as some celebs. UGH

Maricel

poor selena MIRANDA gomez :(

Kg

this is lame, FB straight acting dumb here i see fake facebooks all the time they on BS here

angie

Yeah cause no two people have the same. What is that about?

Frankie

What about people with really common names that are shared by famous people, like Michael Jackson, James Brown, or George Harrison?

Sparklles

Someone tell the idiots running facebook that the likeliness of ANYONE being the one single ONLY person in the world with their name is close to ZERO percent. Selena is that uncommon a first name and Gomez is a very common surname. Gosh, next they're gonna start banning the millions of common "Jennifer Lopez's" of the world.

Nicole

I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago, which makes no sense because no one else on earth (literally) has my name. Once they delete your account, they give you absolutely no recourse. There is no one you can contact, etc., It totally sucks when you have a lot of pictures and contacts and just lose them all.

DeadLenny

Facebook --- it's LiveJournal for illiterates with short attention spans.

Bill Jenkins

Gomez is a popular surname and "Selena" is a rather popular first name.

Facebook = Stupid.

pjtobbe

unreal!

AmazingGordo

HA ha ha ha ha ha ha hha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaa

selena gomez

wtf i dont know why people banned for no reason i just hate it who ever that girl im gonna forget

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4