« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Disgraced U.S. Olympian

I Didn't Mean to Eat

Those WEED Brownies

8/6/2012 10:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0806_nick_delpopolo_AP
U.S. judo fighter Nick Delpopolo says he had NO IDEA the baked goods he consumed before the Olympics contained weed. Really, he swears.

Nick was booted from the 2012 Games after failing a drug test ... and now he says he has a perfectly good explanation -- he was tricked into eating pot.

The 23-year-old just released a statement saying his dirty test was "caused by my inadvertent consumption of food that I did not realize had been baked with marijuana."

The International Olympic Committee draws a hard line when it comes to drugs ... they expelled Delpopolo from the games, stripped him of his accreditation, and will change the standings in his event. He had placed 7th in the competition.

In a statement released by the USOC, Delpopolo says, "I apologize to U.S. Olympic Committee, to my teammates, and to my fans, and I am embarrassed by this mistake."

To be fair ... Nick never specified what kind of baked goods he had consumed -- but he looks like a brownie kind of a guy.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Straight Talkin Texan

Hey, that could happen. Especially if the baked goods came from a competitor

EMP BITE ME

Dem hash browns man!

Cheryl A.

You can taste the pot in brownies.

Mike44090

OMG, If I didn't know better I would have thought it was Joran Van der Sloot in that photo.

News Flash

Ya ya just like Bill Clinton didn't inhale.

Nate

So what weed is like a beer, I don't care if he consumed a few beers before the games.

Fuck Celebrities

B U L L S H I T

Seymour Bluffs

Since when was pot considered a performing enhancing drug???

gamepro

ok fine out who gave them to him and then make him pay for it because i don't think he would have ate them if he knew they had pot in them and i dont blame him it wasn't his fault but accidents do happen

Buckaroobonzai

all I can say to this is that anyone who eats food made with pot knows it cause it tastes like crapola!

Paul B.

I realize that headlines get people to read your stories, but let's be honest. He isn't disgraced. He made a mistake - all be it a stupid one, but a mistake nonetheless. He will bounce back or start dating Lindsay Lohan.

LRT

Yeaaaaaaaa. That's right...yea that's what happened! Ahahah

SpeakTheWord

Ok lets give some simple urine test to the players before they go and embarrass us at the Olympics .We can buy simple drug tests at the Pharmacy .

S D M F

Who knew that "pot brownies" were considered performance enhancing drugs?

Six Million Dollar Man

Why would they disqualify anyone from having taken pot? Pot doesn't make you better at Olympic events, it makes your reaction time slower and you eat and laugh alot. Pot doesn't give anyone a fair advantage in Judo, or any other sport. Now, if we were talking about EPO or steroids, or crank, maybe that might give you an advantage but still, it would just make your teammates frustrated 'cause you would be running around like a madman.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments