« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Disgraced U.S. Olympian

I Didn't Mean to Eat

Those WEED Brownies

8/6/2012 10:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0806_nick_delpopolo_AP
U.S. judo fighter Nick Delpopolo says he had NO IDEA the baked goods he consumed before the Olympics contained weed. Really, he swears.

Nick was booted from the 2012 Games after failing a drug test ... and now he says he has a perfectly good explanation -- he was tricked into eating pot.

The 23-year-old just released a statement saying his dirty test was "caused by my inadvertent consumption of food that I did not realize had been baked with marijuana."

The International Olympic Committee draws a hard line when it comes to drugs ... they expelled Delpopolo from the games, stripped him of his accreditation, and will change the standings in his event. He had placed 7th in the competition.

In a statement released by the USOC, Delpopolo says, "I apologize to U.S. Olympic Committee, to my teammates, and to my fans, and I am embarrassed by this mistake."

To be fair ... Nick never specified what kind of baked goods he had consumed -- but he looks like a brownie kind of a guy.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Slomoshun

Why the hell would you ban them for weed? This world needs a new start. Too many hypocritical aholes.

OnlySmartGuyHere

Pretty much all of the retards here wouldn't think anything of him drinking beer a week before his Judo match. They certainly wouldn't think it was ok to disqualify him and ban him from the sport. Sheeple, that is what you are whether you are willing to admit it or not. You are a sheep, a retard, an easily influenced moron. Don't have an opinion, you are too stupid to have one because you can't think rationally.

Sunset

This makes me hungry for pot brownies

Demi

See, Dummy, you need to put the bong down a year before the Olympics, like Michael Phelps does. Learn from the best and you get to test clean and keep your medals next time.

blessed

yea right

Shelby Hall

Lmao, he lives seriously 10 mins away from me. 90% of the people in his city are pot heads, he knew there was weed in that **** ;p

greenprarie

And next he's going to check himself in the hospital for exhaustion.....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5